Oh Brother

Christians POV
      The air is colder than usual even though it's winter. Church is the only way I can see Angel, so I've been going with my family over the last three weeks. She keeps her distance and doesn't dare look at me. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know I was at all.
     The same boy that was hugging her is doing so again when everyone is out of the church. My blood rubs cold and I want to slam his head into something. She looks so much skinnier now in only three weeks, it's depressing.
     He pulls away from her just as Katie and I walk over to the three near them. Thankfully, she doesn't notice my close presence. "You are coming to Georgia right?" He asks me.
    I remember that conversation. She wanted to go with her family to Georgia to spend the holiday with her brother. "Yeah. I need a break from this town," she says. He hugs her again. Geeerrr.
     "Best little sister ever," he says. Oh brother...literally. I feel stupid and childish for jumping to such a conclusion. They don't look nothing alike, which might make sense, but then again I know nothing about Heavenly.
    "I know," she says softly. Giving a small, almost forced smile. He turns around and leaves to some family that was waving him over. I want so badly to go over to her and talk. I want her back.
     When she turns her back, I see a lash mark from the belt. Oh no. I caused that. Does she know that it's on full display with the open-back dress? Probably not. I've put marks on her body and I know that they will scar.
    ××××××××
             Angel's POV
    I know he's here, but I don't show it. His eyed have been burning into me every Sunday for the past three weeks. The school has granted me permission to change English Lit. class, so I don't have to see him all that much.
      Rae cokes to me with our Luke. It seems they've had problems over the couple of days. She gives me a bright smile. "He's looking at you," she says, looking behind me. I look too. Christian is eyeing me, but not in the way he used to. When our locks, I look away immediately. I can take the chance of falling back in.
     "He's an odd man," I say. She wiggle her brows at me. "Oh no. Its not like that. He's a professor. I'm eighteen, he's twenty something," I say.
     "That means nothing. Age is just a number, honey," she says. I roll my eyes and look back at him from over my shoulder. His sister is right beside him, looking around at the trees.
    "Excuse me for a second," I tell Rae as I walk over to Christian. His eyes brighten as I stand in front of him. Hus sister gives a smile. "May I speak to you brother alone for a few seconds?" She nods. I winder what he's told her.
     When she walks away, Christian looks down at me with some look in his eyes that isn't the same as they used to be. "I'm surprised you want to talk to me." I crack a small smile at the sound of his voice.
    "I just want to say that I need you to stay away from me. This isn't the wag I wanted this to end, but I don't have a choice. You made this be this way. So, don't give those looks that you do, and stay away from me the best you can."
    It pains me to say these words. He's grown to mean so much to me and the love I have for this man is still alive and intense. But it's what's right abd I have to be strong for myself.

AN: Keeping them apart is hurting me!!! What do you want to happen with them? Comment and share!! Stay alive |-/            -Veah