XXII

Link awoke in a strange place, with barely any recollection of how he had even arrived here. Blinking multiple times in an attempt to clear his gazed vision, he sat upright and noticed he was...floating?

Jumping to his feet, Link looked around and discovered that he had been transported to some area full of dark clouds. Every little bit of land and sky around him looked like the skies that had been brewing in Hyrule, and it was as if he was standing on a large invisible platform above the clouds below.

When he heard a noise emit from behind him, he instinctively sheathed the Master Sword from its sheath and whipped out his shield. Turning around, he glanced at his feet to notice his sword and shield were reflecting against the invisible surface.

This was all utterly confusing to Link, but he heard a low chuckle emit from in front of him. Shooting his head back upwards at the noise, he saw Queen Zelda standing there, holding her rapier. Her rapier was no longer thin and small, but very thick and menacing looking. She carried it gracefully without any fault, slowly approaching Link. Her form had definitely changed from her normal appearance - she had snow white hair and bloody colored eyes, her dress being black and her gloves still the pure white they always were.

Once she was close enough to him, she dropped her smile immediately and frowned. "This is the end."

Link creased his eyebrows and took a large step back. "The end?"

"The final battle, duh. This will be the battle that determines whether or not that...filthy land of Hyrule flourishes or not," Zelda sneered.

"How could you do this to your own kingdom?!" Link exclaimed, feeling enraged all of a sudden. "Hyrule depended on you and your father-"

"Don't mention my father!" Zelda cried out, slashing her darkened rapier and Link in rage. Thankfully, he managed to jump out of the way of her attack, keeping his heroic stance as she breathed heavily.

"You killed him for a reason," she said.

Remembering what he had done just awhile ago petrified Link. Distinctively, he could remember the smell of the room at the moment he acted. The noises - Hylians cheering and booing at the king as he spoke - the feeling he felt as he steadied the arrow in the line of the king.

The noise he heard once the king had been impaled.

"It's hard for you to remember, huh?" Zelda teased in an annoying voice. "I thought the Hero of Legend was brace and had courage. If you had the courage, something like that shouldn't bother you-"

"Enough! Let's get this over with! Playing with my mind isn't going to progress this," Link yelled, preparing to take a swing at Zelda.

"It's going to cripple you in someway, though, hm? That's my plan," Zelda replied, swinging her dark rapier at the holy sword and colliding with it.

Their swords were brushing against each other, and the battle had begun. The battle against their swords didn't last too long, but Zelda managed to win and push Link back a bit, making him almost stumble and fall over.

Before he could get hit with the rapier, he jumped out of the way again and managed to barely cut the back of Zelda's arm.

She gasped at the sudden pain she was feeling, touching the area where she had been injured, staring at the blood that decorated her once clean and pure white gloves.

This didn't affect her too much, because Zelda had quickly rejoined the game and slashed at Link's hand. It had cut him as badly as he had hurt Zelda, but he didn't stop to examine how much damage she had inflicted on him.