chapter five

This chapter is dedicated to perksofbeingaweirdo because WOW her writing & she's super nice and interacts with her readers! If you've never read anything of hers, you are truly missing out. We ♡ you! 

Gif to the side is Jenson :) 

Harry's POV:

When I was in ninth year, right before my mum moved us to Ireland to live with my grandparents, some guy took all of my sister's money out of her purse when she wasn't watching in the cafeteria at school on our first day. I had just been looking around the place when I saw it happen. Her head was turned, and he scooped up some of the money she'd worked all summer for. I stood from my seat, and walked up to the guy, grabbing him right by the collar. Luckily for him, a teacher stopped the scene before I could beat the living shit out of him.

I felt an odd sense of déjà vu as I held the lad in the pub by the collar.

"Get the fuck out of here, you piece of shit." I spat at him, releasing my hold and pushing him. He stumbled before scurrying out of the place. I turned my attention to the familiar blue and floral bag I'd seen, and then looked up at Jenson. She seemed stunned by the whole confrontation, but it honestly didn't faze me. I'd been in a couple brawls before. Her pink lips were separated, but her jaw not completely ajar, and her blue eyes wide. I took the few strides over to Jenson, handed the speechless girl her bag with a nod, and then walked back to the bar.

I sat down, and sipped on the drink I had left to go deal with the stupid prick that'd tried to steal Jenson's purse. A half a minute later, Jenson approached me, pulling out the stool next to me, and climbing up. I took notice to how short her legs were, and how she had to hike herself up onto the stool. We sat in silence before she coughed and spoke.

"So, uh... what was that?" Her eyes met mine for less than a second before she looked back down at her lap.

"Dunno what you mean. I just saved your bag from being stolen," I muttered, swallowing the words down with the last of my drink.

"I mean, why?"

"Would you have liked me to watch as he ran off with your purse full of things?" Why is she making such a big deal, I thought.

"Well of course not, but..." Jenson didn't complete her sentence.

"Just say thank you, Jenson. I would have done it for anyone."

She sighed. "Okay. Well thanks." I just nodded in response.

Joe, my favorite bartender approached us. "Need a refill, Harry?"

"Get me a shot. Vodka, will ya?" I said, emotionlessly.

Joe pointed at Jenson. "What about you, pretty lady? I'll getcha anything you need."

I spoke before Jenson opened her mouth. "Make it two shots," I smirked at her when her mouth opened slightly in shock.

"Uh, Harry? I don't drink." She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"That's right, you don't drink... yet."

She rolled her eyes to which I answered, "C'mon, Jenson. Loosen up. One shot won't kill you, will it?"

"I've never had alcohol before."

Joe placed the shots in front of us both and I picked mine up. "I guess it's a good thing I'm an excellent teacher then." I said with a wink.

Jenson's POV:

"The trick is to not let it sit in your mouth too long, or it'll burn. Tilt your head back and let it go straight down to your throat." Harry gave me a live demonstration, putting the glass to his plump lips then tossed his head and swallowed the vodka. I watched with curiosity. It must have been strong because it caused his eyes to screw shut. "Easy. Now you try." he pushed the small glass to me.