76. You're In/Stuck In A School Shooting - Calum

Part 1/4

...
Requested by:
@StaceyStonier

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• School shootings
• Non-fatal gunshot related injuries
...

14 chapters left (including this one)

Since this chapter is in schools where there are a lot of people and social interaction, I might have another crossover part with other characters

Calum:  
Another Monday rolled around, meaning that you had to spend another beautiful day stuck inside. Another day sitting in boring old English class talking about the ins and outs of grammar. Hardly a skill that you thought you'd ever really need.

"Here's a worksheet for you all to work on, whatever you don't finish will be homework," your teacher smiled as they passed back, what they claimed to be worksheets. However, they were multiple pages long, and full of big, boring words. To you, the "worksheets" looked a lot more like packets, or short but extremely boring novels.

You were passed the giant stack of paper, taking one off the top and then passing the rest on. You sighed as you flipped through the first through pages.

It looked very, very, long and not at all fun to do. Pages and pages of placing punctuation, crafting and dissecting sentences, and so many other things you didn't want to do.

You glanced up at the clock, ten minutes left of class, you had ten minutes to, "get a head start," on an assignment that would take you a solid two hours.

Might as well get started then. You pulled out your pencil and started to try and work on the first page.

Then your teacher cleared their throat and stood up at their desk, "I'm sorry guys, but I need to go run out to the restroom, I'll be right back."

They strode quickly to the door, opening it, and the pausing momentarily, "Y/N, I'm leaving you in charge," they nodded at you, and then left, leaving the door half-open behind them.

Everyone looked over at you, then shrugged and relaxed. You sighed and pushed your homework away, at least you had an excuse to not work on it now.

People took out their phones and lounged back in their chairs, a few moments without a teacher was a welcome relief in the hectic school day.

Then, there was a sound. Almost like a car backfiring.

Eyebrows across the room furrowed and people looked up, putting down their phones and glancing at each other.

"Was that what I thought it was-?" The kid who sat next to you asked.

Three more bangs, and then screams echoed down the hallway.

The school announcement system roared to life, "Teachers, we are now in a lockdown, repeat, this is not a drill, we are now in a lockdown," the voice of your principal crackled through, too calmly.

"Close the door!" You yelled, getting up and running to the teachers desk. One of your classmates did, and you scooped up the keys, throwing them to him so that he could lock the door properly.

"Oh my God, oh my God," another one of the girls looked close to tears as it sunk in.

You had been hearing gunfire, there was someone inside the school shooting at people.

"What do we do now?" A voice yelled out from the back.

The dissent rippled the students as everyone began to talk and yell over each other.