9.

9.

Sprawled out on my sofa I sighed. Danni sat in the arm chair Nick always occupied and I sighed again. I wished it were him sitting there beside me.

His words this morning played around my head on repeat.

God knows I'll be thinking of you.

Whether it were true, the words still shook me. I didn't really know what was happening or how it had even started with him. However, there was no doubting I wanted him.

Did I regret sleeping with him so soon?

To be honest, no. Things happened and I didn't regret them, not with Nick. I wasn't one to dwell on something that was not changeable.

Danni slurped on her can of coke and took a bite of her chicken burger. I had eaten mine on the way back from the burger shack Nick took me to last night.

"I thought you were vegetarian." I stated as I mindlessly flicked through the channels. Work had finished earlier again today, it seemed when Nick wasn't there, business wasn't booming. I bet all the women came to get a glimpse of him.

Currently, Glenn was out and about and Nick hadn't made contact since he left this morning. Danni was my only company.

"Don't even talk about it." Danni moaned.

"Why not?" I questioned. Danni laid her Burger down on the arm of the chair and flopped backwards.

"I'm a bad person." She replied. I chuckled quietly before diverting my attention back to the TV. Nothing was on, and quite frankly I was bored.

Even though it was turning half five, the skies were still light and the air warm.

In Australia, there was always something to do as we lived near the big city. Here, we lived near a town but the city was quite a while away. I loved it here, but there wasn't all that much to do, especially on a day like this.

"Do you want to go out and do something?" I asked. We were twenty one years old, we weren't some bored teenagers on a weekday. Even though, that's exactly what I felt like.

"Like what?" Danni asked. Suddenly, she shot up from the chair she was sat in. "I have the perfect place, actually. Come on, I'll show you." Danni got up from the arm chair and grabbed my arm before I had the chance to question her.

Where were we going?

Danni led me over to her small beatle which was situated on my drive and we both got inside.

"It's a pretty warm day and you remember that place we always used to go to? Where we sat on the grass and got pissed until morning?" My eyes widened at the memory that overcame me.

Of course I remembered. That place was the only place Danni and I spent our summer at the age of 16 when I came back from Australia one year.

I hadn't realised that would have been the last one we would ever spend together.

"Green fields?" I asked. My heart fluttered with excitement. Hell, that place was the only place that ever kept me sane that year, and Danni of course.

Things got easier, but that year was the hardest.

"Green mother flipping fields." Danni bounced in her seat as the car started to move and we set in to motion.