76. You're In/Stuck In A School Shooting - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@StaceyStonier

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• School Shootings
• Being shot
• Death
...

There is honestly a Wikipedia page for everything.

Okay the misheard lyric you are about to read was me up until 5 minutes before I wrote this

Ashton:  
"Oh my gosh Y/N, are you serious?" Y/BFF/N giggled as the two of you walked down the hallway toward the cafeteria.

You were in the middle of a conversation about Panic At The Disco! Or more specifically, your favorite song, LA Devotee.

"Well when you say it like that you're making me feel less sure," you whined, pouting at her.

"You should feel less sure because that didn't even make sense. I mean really? 'Sweaty balls under desert skies?' It's swimming pools," she smiled and shook her head, "You're really something else."

You frowned, and dramatically rolled your head back to groan. "He doesn't enunciate clearly, if you listen to it, that's what it sounds like," you said matter-of-factly.

"Orrrr you just have a dirty mind," Y/BFF/N snorted as the two of you walked through the large double doors that signified the entrance to the lunchroom.

"Orrrr, it sounds like he's saying, 'sweaty balls'," you countered shrugging.

"Orrrrrrrr," she was ready to call you out again, but didn't get it out.

She was interrupted by one, two, three, four loud bangs. All of the talking in the room stopped, and then, as if on cue, the lunchroom dissolved into screams.

"OH MY GOD!" Y/BFF/N covered her ears and looked at you worriedly.

"WERE THOSE-?"

This time it was you that was interrupted by the gunfire. Two shots, the sound of shattering glass, and then a deep burning sensation in your calf.

"AHHHH!" You fell to the ground, and crumpled into a heap.

They had shot through the glass that formed the walls of the massive room, and somehow, a bullet had been lodged right in your leg.

"Y/N!" Y/BFF/N dropped down next to you and frantically looked at the wound, "oh no, oh no no no no no."

"Not. Helping," you gritted out as she fretted over you. You really did appreciate the attention, but you would've preferred if she didn't act like you were dying. That just made you worry that you actually were.

"Sorry sorry," she bit down on her lip and shifted a little to her right.

You were disoriented, and so your eyes were still focused on the place her head had occupied moments before. What you saw was frightening.

First and foremost there was a big hole in the glass that had spiderwebbed out, and caused much of the pane to shatter. But past that, you saw the shooter. A boy from the look of their build, they were wearing all black, black sweatpants, t-shirt, and ski mask. But as all ski masks are, you could still see his brown eyes, staring right into yours. And a slight frown, more of annoyance than regret.

You gasped, and looked away, moving backward to try and hide.

"What? What?!" Y/BFF/N looked up and around.

You did as well, the cafeteria was quickly emptying out of the many exits, none of which were available to you at the moment.

"B- b- b- behind you," you stuttered, trying not to pass out from shock or pain. Your calf had gone from burning to a deep throb. You could feel the leak of blood from your body, and your jeans grow wet and sticky as a result.