76. You're In/Stuck In A School Shooting - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@StaceyStonier

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• Being Shot
• Near-death experience
...

Hey all! If you have a kik and you love 5sos come join me and Ashole_Irwout in our public group!
#5sosCliffocandas
We talk writing, 5sos, food, really anything!

Michael:
There was something not quite right in your science class. The room was too quiet, too tense, too still. You could feel the hot, angry emotions of someone warming your back and making your hairs stand on end, but you couldn't tell who, and you weren't willing to turn around to check.

All you knew was that there was something off, and that everyone could feel it. Throughout the hour your lab partner fidgeted in his chair and periodically scanned the room. The girl in front of you braided and unbraided her hair to distract herself, and even your teacher kept on shifting and looking into your faces.

Your natural instinct left you on edge with the kind of quiet, half-formed suspicion that something was going to happen. You just didn't know where, when, or by who.

Every little noise put you on edge, a sneeze, the sound of a door closing, a heavy pen being dropped on the floor. You were so on edge.

You tried to convince yourself that it was nothing. You were being paranoid, nothing remotely interesting, let alone dangerous, happens in that class anyway.

Letting out a sigh, you leaned back and tried to focus back in on the lecture on covalent bonding. Dry, but distracting from the lagging intrusive thoughts that were otherwise plaguing you.

"So in a covalent bond, electron pairs are shared," your science teacher started to draw the models of two different atoms on the board, and the electrons surrounding them. "Now, who can tell me the difference between ionic and covalent bonds?" She turned around and forced a smile on her face.

You hadn't been paying attention during the ionic bond part of the lecture so you had no idea. Judging by the looks on your peers faces they too hadn't, or still weren't paying attention either.

Still, she had asked a question and needed an answer so it was clear that she would have to call on someone, whether they had been paying attention or not. That unlucky person ended up being this kid named George who sat in the back.

"George? What about you? Can you explain the difference between ionic and covalent bonding?" She asked nicely.

Now the thing with George was that he melted into the background. You didn't really notice him unless you were having a conversation which almost never happened. He was a strange dude, and a loner. You didn't dislike him, but you didn't go out of your way to hang out with him either. He was just off, never making eye-contact, he had a slight lisp and a stutter, which he was heavily teased about.

"I- I- I don't kno- o- ow Mi-th," he said quietly.

There were some muffled giggles around the room as kids laughed, but didn't want to be reprimanded.

George's face grew red and he clenched his jaw.

Your poor teacher raised her eyebrows but couldn't figure out who the bullies were.

That's when things really got out of control.

"SHUT! UP!" George screamed.

The room went silent.