78. You Die (his POV) - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@caitlynthereader

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• Death
...

I'm getting ready to launch a book of 5sos AUs! Yay!

Ashton:

- Previously -

"What? Where's Y/N? Is she awake yet?" He asked, still rather dazed and just wanting to see you.

"No, not yet," Y/BFF/N bit her lip, "look, you might want to prepare yourself before you go up there-"

She tried to warn him.

"Just tell me where," Ashton insisted.

Armed with your room number in the ICU, Ashton ran, opting for the stairs over the elevator. He ran and didn't stop until he got to your room. The blinds were pulled open and there was a large pane of glass allowing him to see you inside.

Laying there lifeless with your Mum holding your hand. There were numerous machines hooked up to you, keeping you alive and breathing.

His heart dropped.

And for the first time, he started to wonder if you were going to be okay.

...

- His POV -

My breath fogged up the glass as I gazed inside the little room where Y/N was sleeping. It looked so sterile, cold, and lifeless just how Y/BFF/N had described. The walls were a blinding white, and the floors were tiled and cleaned until they nearly glowed. Besides the little window allowing me to look in, the only source of light were the large fluorescent lights on the ceiling which made her look sickly and yellow.

I clenched my fists and let out a controlled breath, fogging up the glass of the window and obscuring my view completely.

Y/BFF/N was right, it was hard to see her like that. Y/N was laying in the hospital bed, her lower half tucked under the covers with her arms still out and laying on top. Her eyes were closed, and she was breathing slowly thanks to the tube shoved down her throat. I frowned and pressed my forehead against the window, just so I could get a little bit closer to her. If I closed my eyes and pictured her without the tubes, laying at home, in her own bed, wearing her favorite 1D pajamas I could almost picture her as sleeping instead of being in a vegetative state. The image of my baby sister sleeping made the corners of my mouth curve up slightly in a smile. A moment of peace amongst the merciless waves of emotions that had been washing over me since that call from Jack.

Maybe Y/N would be okay. Maybe she'd wake up, and it would be like she had been sleeping this whole time. Maybe...

"Ashton," a warm hand clamping firmly onto my shoulder roused my from my own mind.

I reluctantly pushed away my fantastical happy endings to again be faced with the reality of the situation. Y/N was not okay at all, and Alex was here to talk to me.

I turned around to face him, only to immediately be pulled into a hug. His arms were wrapped firmly around my upper torso, and he pulled me close to him.