80. Broken Home Song Preference - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@StaceyStonier

In this one you're older- 22 (I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU)
...

I keep on writing readerXbandmember preferences and I have no regrets.

Here's a Calum one for you Calum girls out there 👍

I'm really bad at this whole, "matching the preference to the lyrics I chose" thing... SORRY!

Ashton:  
"I'm stuck in between a nightmare and lost dreams..."

You saw how much pain and suffering was created when a parent walked out. How it singled out you and your siblings, how much pressure it put on Ashton. You didn't like it, not at all. So you made yourself a promised, one dark night laying in your bed, you'd never ever put someone in else in a situation like yours. No matter what that meant, you would do whatever it took.

It started out with not dating at all, you didn't want to be put through the pain you saw. You didn't trust boys, not outside of Ashton and Harry, it was too much. You were too scared.

So you were alone. You didn't date at all through your teenage years. You had a naturally shy disposition, so your few friends were tight knit and close, you weren't at all popular like Lauren was. Any interaction with boys was pretty much limited to your brothers friends. Namely Luke, Michael, and Calum.

Even just those three took you a long time to get used to.

...

You were standing right in front of the door when it opened. You froze in place on reflex as your brother came rocketing down the stairs. In walked his three friends; first came Luke, the blonde one who tended to trip over his own feet; next was Michael, the one that had dyed his hair; and then Calum... you didn't know how to describe him other than dangerous. He always found ways to smile at you even when you tried to avoid being seen. It was like he had a Y/N-dar, and you didn't like it one bit, mostly because he made your breath catch in your throat. You didn't like how Calum made you feel, flustered and excited. You didn't know how to deal with it.

"Hey guys!" Ashton luckily walked right past you to greet the three boys.

You let out a breath in relief, and started to quietly tiptoe up the stairs so you could go hide out in your room.

"Hey Y/N!" A voice stopped you mid-stride. The voice of Calum himself.

You tensed up a little and felt yourself blush as you turned around. All four pairs of eyes on you, but you only looked at one. Chocolate brown eyes, settled above shiny white teeth. You could feel your resolve crumbling.

Maybe just this once you could break your promise.

...

Your broken promise led to a single date. So you made yourself a new one; you wouldn't get married.

That didn't pan out either as your date turned into a steady relationship, and then Calum proposed. But you were determined to hold your ground this time. If you and Calum were happy dating, you didn't need to change anything, you didn't want to. Marriage only led to pain, and heartbreak. So you said no, the first three times.

But he was persuasive, and so was Ashton, Lauren, your friends, and even your Mum. They all said the same thing, you knew Calum, you loved Calum, and Calum loved you. He wouldn't ever leave you, you were safe with him.