Chapter 43 - worry

"Uhhh what if they don't like me" I said.
"I was scared your rich family wouldn't like a tatted dumbass but they liked me. Trust me my family will love you. It'll just be my mom and big sister anyway. No harm" he said

Women: the most judgmental things on the planet. I knew this because I am one.

" oh okay that'll be fine. I gotta go pack" I said.
"We'll do it tonight, let's just enjoy the movie" he said before we cuddled under the blanket.

My nervousness kept growing in the pit of my stomach. Meeting his mom and his older sister could be dangerous. They're women, if they don't like me they can instantly make kian change his mind about me.

I couldn't focus on the movie because of the worry of his mom not approving of me. I got out of kians grip and stood up. "You good babe?" He asked. "Yeah just need some fresh air" I limped to the balcony and sat down, closing the door behind me.

"Wassup Kodie" Jc said sitting beside me. I looked over at him, smiling as a substitute of an 'hey'.

"So what's going on in that brain of yours?" Jc asked. "You can tell?" "Of course I can tell that you're worried. I know you pretty well" he said.

"I'm scared of meeting Kians mom and sister. I'm not saying they will judge me I'm just saying that I know they want the best for him. So if they dont like me, that's it. I'm out of the picture." I said

"That's not true. Kian is hard-headed and has never been the type of guy to listen to anyone. So even if his mom didn't like you, which she absolutely will, that wouldn't change his feelings about you. But they're gonna love you kodie, everyone loves you." Jc said

"Have you met them?" I asked
"Yeah I've met his whole family. Haven't seen them in a while though"
"You should come with us!" I said "it'll take all the pressure off on me if you're there"
"Okay maybe. But I'll have to see if Andrea wants to come as well." He said "which will work really good because kian and I have to film again this weekend"

"Great. I'll tell kian you want to come and you talk to andrea about coming. " I said
"I'm pretty sure you're the one that wants me to come" he said laughing
"Yeah but he doesn't have to know that" I said

"Know what?" Kian said standing in the doorway, he looked mad, that hasn't been an expression he's experienced in a while, which instantly made me worry.

"Uh uh" I said.

"I wanna come to your moms with you" Jc interrupted me, luckily.

"Okay that's fine with me, but what's the thing I'm not supposed to be knowing right now" kian said, his anger growing.

I didn't know what to say. If he knew I wanted Jc to go with me, he'd think something was up. I know him. I had already been lying about my ankle, how many more lies am I going to have to make.

I looked at Jc who was having a hard time thinking of something as well. They were both staring at me waiting for a response.

"We were joking about how I should just keep the pain pills and not tell my doctor and when they run out act like I need more." I said, the worry in my stomach calming down.

"It wasn't about you babe" I said rubbing my hand on his arm

He jerked his hand away like I was a bug that had just crawled on him.