Surprise Ending💖

Silver gave a whistle, similar to the one of the Hunger Games.

The group watched in confusion, until they heard the whistle again in a deeper pitch.

Only this time, it wasn't Silver.

Out of nowhere, a dark figure appeared in Silver's lap. The group was even more confused when the figure took shape.

"Oh my gosh, it's Mephiles!" Sonic screamed, hiding behind Manic. Shadow got ready to fight.

"See? I told you." Mephiles said to Silver.

"Told him what?" Shadow asked, not at all trusting his look-alike.

"Well," Mephiles began, "I told him that you would be upset to see me, and to know that I still exist at all."

"How are you alive!?" Sonic asked frantically. Then, he noticed something. "And how do you have a mouth?"

"In honesty, I'm not completely sure. But Iblis really is gone, along with a large portion of my original power. I'm no longer strong enough to constantly conceal my mouth." Everyone made the 'Ohh' face. "So when I reappeared, Silver allowed me to live in his home in exchange that I wouldn't hurt anyone and would come to his aid every time he gave the signal."

The group settled a bit. If Mephiles really was weak now, there was much less to worry about.

"So, why did you call me?" Mephiles asked Silver.

Silver briefly explained his dilemma.

Mephiles thought. "It appears that you simply need the decision to be easier." he said.

Then, the whites of his eyes went red as he summoned a dark knife.

"That can be arranged." Mephiles said evilly.

Everyone besides Silver jumped to defend themselves.

"Put the weapon away, Mephiles." Silver said calmly.

"Alright." he said, putting it away. "Well if I had to choose, it would be Shadow because Sonic looks horribly disfigured."

"What the...? This is how I've always looked!" Sonic said defensively.

"Oh, I know." Mephiles said back.

Manic, Knuckles, and Jet burst out laughing.

"Ooooh, burn!" Sonic's own brother said.

"Well... The thing is... I wouldn't choose either of them." Silver said quietly.

Sonic and Shadow were in shock.

Mephiles was confused too. Then he remembered: as part of their agreement, he and Silver could use their powers to read each other's minds, if the other allowed it.

So that's what he did to Silver. Mephiles then saw who Silver really had feelings for.

And to show how he felt about it, he kissed Silver on the lips. Silver kissed back, wrapping his arms around Mephiles's waist as Mephiles put his arms Silver's neck.

"That's who you like?" Sonic asked Silver, stating what everyone else was thinking.

"You get a choice between Me and Sonic, but you choose him?" Shadow added.

Mephiles flipped them both off.

"Welp. I'm disappointed, so I'm going for a movie." Shadow said getting up.

"Alright if I join?" Sonic asked.

Shadow nodded, and they left. Silver was the only one that could tell that this was going to be the first of many dates for them.

Shout out to rAndoMCitIzen12, the sweetheart that drew this for me!