17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE TRUTH.

" Our eyes fighting the light, but i'm not ready to say good night. "

____

ARABELLE.

Another baby? A twin sister?.

"What? And you've known this all along?!." I ask abruptly and Maryse looks at her tangled hands.

"I've known this since i adopted you, Belle...." She replies and i gulp down.

"What happened to her?." I say straightforward. Maryse looks at me in the eyes.

"She was adopted a couple of months later after the accident." She starts and i hum, encouraging her to keep going. "She was adopted by the Whittle family, i didn't want to tell you anything because they were friends with-."

Whittle. Anastasia Whittle.

"Valentine." I say after everything clicks. She looks at me confused, cocking an eyebrow. "My sisters name...was it Anastasia?." I ask slowly and worried, Maryse looks at me surprised and even more confused.

"Yes, it was indeed Anastasia. But how do you know that?." Maryse says taking my hands in between her cold ones, i look around.

"While i was out – Unconscious – I saw this dream, or at least that's what i thought it was, in my head there was this name 'Anastasia Whittle' and i saw everything like through her eyes–." I stop and look at Maryse who surprisingly enough doesn't look shocked. "I saw a women and a man, and then Valentine and Jocelyn – They didn't have the Circle runes."  I inform her, she sighs, looking at the pale walls. "Do you know more about this than you initially intended to seem?." I ask, leaning closer.

She nods slowly. "When you were little-." She smiles. "You would have this dreams, or visions or sometimes talk to someone through the mirror – I always thought it was cute, that you talked to yourself in a mirror." She stifles a laugh. "But the truth was horrifying, you used the mirror to communicate with her – With Anastasia." She explains, i don't understand why would she think that the fact that i talked to my twin sister was horrifying. "You saw each other's life through each other's eyes, and i found out about it soon enough, i took you to Magnus – Of course – And made him put a spell on you, so you couldn't talk or see her anymore, nor would you remember any of the previous talks or visions."

"You basically took every memory i had of my sister." I mutter more to myself.
"Why?!." I shout. "Why would you go through so much trouble just to keep me away from my family?!."

Maryse shakes her head. "I'm glad i did, Belle. You're safe now because of it, although it seems that those visions that were wiped are coming back." She replies and i look at her in disbelief. "That family, The Whittle family, became part of the Circle – Anastasia is bad, Belle. She is following her parents steps, and i think she was the way they got to you today." She tells me and my mouth is slightly open.

"I- Why would she try to hurt me?." I ask, even when i don't remember her – Her betrayal hurts me.

Maryse cups my cheek with her hands. "Because she is part of the Circle, and she doesn't care about you, Belle. Not every family loves it's members." She explains and i close my eyes briefly.