Prologue

Before I start this story, I want to say, that I am not trying to copy any story or fanfiction completely. I take my inspiration from a few works that I have read, but I am not trying to base the entire storyline on someone else's work. (At least not purposely.) Although you will find similarities with 50 Shades of grey because this story is mostly inspired by that and you could call it fanfiction of that book. I am writing for complete fun and I'm also trying to experiment with my English skills since I am not a native speaker.

Also before you start reading, keep in mind, that this story will be highly sexual.

Anyway, I hope you like it as much as I do.

*The Way We Feel OUT NOW https://my.w.tt/96FyPyzJW2

***

I tug on the hem of my red blouse, while I stare at myself in the mirror. My reflection glares back at me with wide brown eyes. This girl looks undeniably boring, but the red goes along with her naturally tan skin. I can thank my black mother for gifting me some melanin, honestly. Not that it's useful here in France, but some people envy me for this specific reason whereas they have to use spray tan or tanning beds.

"Do you think this blouse looks too big?" Whenever I move, the fabric wrinkles awkwardly.

"Who cares? Even a smaller size wouldn't make it look good." I narrow my eyes, scanning my friend's playful expression. She cocks her head and exposes the tip of her tongue. "You know I'm just playing."

"Vicky seriously, you know I don't wanna show up looking like I'm going to church service."

"You look like a beautiful girl who goes to church service." She rolls her eyes and clutches her purse. "Just promise me you're going to loosen up a bit and get yourself a guy." I bite my lip in despair. She will always try to get me to open myself up to some guys. Not only in bars or at the nightclub we go to, but also when I'm at the mall or in school. She never misses any chance to try to hook me up with someone.

"You really need to stop pressuring me," I say as we make our way out into the windy night of Lyon. I cling to my wool coat as the fresh wind whips along my exposed skin.

"Maybe I would stop pressuring you if you finally got out of your way and met a nice guy." I have told Vicky many times, the last thing I want right now is a relationship. I'm yet to graduate from university and until then, I want to stay focused.

"I don't know if I'm ready to commit."

"That's why you'll never be in a relationship." She bluntly replies. As if she isn't the one who constantly complains about the lack of romance in her life. Vicky is the type of person to have sex before even knowing the name.

We stumble out of Vicky's car, the loud music coming from the nightclub echoing in the entire street. I have been to a few bars before, but I wasn't in one of these nightclubs. It is pretty full on the outside already as if the party is outdoors.

I'm quite honestly intimidated by that lifestyle and rather stay home and do something, where it doesn't require me to dress up.

"Relax Lola." My friend says.

I only huff in response and hope, that my tension is going to disappear as soon as we set foot inside that club. I already woke up with a negative mindset as she told me she wanted to visit a nightclub with me the day before.

The line is pretty long and a few people who are eager to get inside, are by this time being rejected. All of them seem to be a group of people with darker skin and hair. It's making me even more nervous since I'm not white either.