Remember Me Part 002

Having no knowledge about human world, Chaeyoung struggle controlling her newest body part. It makes her wants to swim herself back to the place where she belong but when she tried doing, it won't take three minutes for her lungs to work under water. She needs too much air and everything is so foreign. Even her bare body had contact with the green land felt so foreign.

Everything felt so foreign.

She sits on the ground and touches the tail that is now divided into two and called feet. "Give me courage to face the new life you gave, Poseidon," she prayed.

She played on the five tiny fingers on her feet and it's funny how they can dance according her will. It makes her smile.

But then, these feet didn't just give her little fingers. There's also a thighs, knees, shin and... Female part. Being a curious fish she is, she parted her both legs and wonders why there's an opening in between. "Oh I shouldn't have waste my time thinking about this opening." She said and uses her hand to practice standing alone. Even it's hard, she should try living the way human does.

Living the way human does.

Well, those words are easy to think and say but things got hard and complicated when it was being done.

For almost a months of staying and living like a human, Chaeyoung felt like she was lucky that she is born as a mermaid. In the sea, she don't experience hunger, stressed, exhausted, frustrated about something and any foreign emotions that she didn't wish to dwell with. Just bit luck when a woman find her naked and hopeless and keep her like her real daughter.

"Chaeyoung, don't eat too much corn, it'll spoil your appetite," the old lady came taking the bowl of boiled golden corn from her hands. Chaeyoung sighs and just stare at the innocent food in her foster mother's grip. "You're in a deep,"

"I want to find some sense," Chaeyoung said. She can't be wasting another time seating in here without doing anything to accomplish the job that merman Jinyoung wants her to do.

It wasn't like she's taking it as responsibility but, she felt pressured finding the Pirate in the huge earth like this. It seems impossible. There is a thing that called faith but it was done when she was really meant for you. But... what if not? What if this is entirely misunderstanding? Ephemeral feelings are always wrong. Why'd she make all these things happen anyway?

"You know I can do the entire chores youngster. I just want you to play your part as my daughter." The old lady said and smiled at her.

"Kahi," Chaeyoung called with her eyes full of questions and mystery. The older girl always find the newest family member weird although she had set to her mind that Chaeyoung is just curious. "What if Mina and I is not fated with each other? What if it was all lie? I only have 100days yet, I already spent two months with you. Did I just waste my life being a human?" Chaeyoung breathed followed by a small pout on her lips.

The girl has this weird creative imagination. It makes the old woman Kahi, smile at herself. From the very first time she saw Chaeyoung, the girl is always saying that she's a mermaid and she needs to find the pirate named Mina-it was all because her imagination is wonderful for youths. Kahi again pats her shoulder. "It seems that you're seeing the world much beautiful than we do." She said.

"Uh?" Chaeyoung asks but Kahi just smiled at her.

"Nothing," Kahi said before leaving Chaeyoung alone at the dining table.

The mermaid is now hopeless. She just wasted everything.

She looks at the necklace that adorns at her chest. The silver colored shell emblem that symbolizes her connection to the ocean. This necklace also is the reason why she has feet. She is just allowed to take the necklace off her body when she's in the shore. Mermaid can breathe in the land, but not as long as human does.