33. Life or Death

Present

Present

Fighting was something that came easy for me after all of my years of practice. Sure, there were times I lost and had to accept that, but now...I wasn't going to accept defeat. This was a battle that I had to win, and if I didn't...it meant losing everything, and I wasn't going to allow that.

I keep that thought on my mind as motivation as I race through Central City, trying my best to protect it from the "meta-pocolypse", as Iris was calling it. Soon after I decided to stay and fight with Barry, news came to us that Zoom sent out the metahumans to raise all hell already. I didn't think he'd start this so soon, but turns out I was wrong.

So that's what I was doing; helping Barry gather them all up to throw them down into the pipeline. We already had most of them taken care of, but it seemed as if every time we took care of some of them, more just came. I knew that was his plan all along; to make it as hard as possible for Barry. Only he didn't know I was here to help too.

"Get down!" I hear a voice say then, causing me to stop and look over to see Joe hiding behind a police car. My eyes trail away from him then as I look over towards another ten or so metas; they just never stopped coming.

I grit my teeth then as I dart towards the group of metas. It was odd to see some of them; I recognized a few from my earth, but they didn't have the same powers as they had here. In fact, some of them weren't even villains. They just hid in the shadows and helped whenever they were needed to.

When I go to grab a girl I knew as Poison Ivy on my earth, I was struck in my side by a force I didn't know. My feet get knocked out from under me as I tumble into a concrete wall, causing me to groan under my breath. When I look up to see who my attacker was, I see a green glowing man a few feet away, staring at me with a devious look.

As I start to get to my feet, he hits me again with his green glowing orb, causing me to fall back down the ground with a thud. I growl under my breath then as he goes to hit me again, but I was ready this time. I get on my feet and dash away before he hits me again, and instead of grabbing him off the streets and taking him to the pipeline, I thought I'd have a little bit of fun first.

First, I run around in circles around the guy as he stares around in confusion, shielding his eyes from the light. It was then I make my move towards him and land a punch on his jawbone, causing him to flip sideways and fall onto the ground below. As he lays there in pain, I walk over to him and look down.

"It's not nice to hit a lady you know," I mock as he scowls up at me. Before he can make another move against me, I dash side to side, avoiding the green blasts. I quickly grab him by the collar as I throw him up against the concrete wall nearby, staring him in the eyes as I scream. "How many more of you are there?"

A trail of blood drips from his nose as he glares at me, not daring to tell me what I wanted to know. I look over my shoulder briefly then to see utter chaos; metas were surrounding Joe. I turn back to him then as I tighten my grip around his neck, clenching my teeth.