4

I wake up to sunshine pouring through the window.

I rub my eyes, still sleepy, hear my phone buzz and I roll over to pick it up. I accidentally drop my phone on face.

"Ugh."

I slide the answer button. "Hello?"

"Good morning Belle. It's Mandy. I was wondering if you had any jobs in mind. I remembered last night that your parents asked me to help you look for a job that you'd be interested in."

I sit up. Work?

"Oh, uh sure, Mandy. Where will we be looking?" I ask.

"Well, I asked some of my business friends and they have some job openings. If ever we can't find the perfect job for you, you're welcome to work at the salon." She says kindly.

I accept her offer and after saying goodbye, I get up and get dressed.

I decide to wear a more formal outfit today. I put on a white semi formal blouse, light blue high waisted jeans, and dark blue doll shoes. I fix my hair in a fishtail and after eating cereal, head out to meet Mandy at the park in front of my neighborhood.

I see Mandy in her uniform chatting to another lady.

I approach slowly. "Good morning, Mandy."

Mandy turns around with a smile on her face. "Good morning, Belle!" She turns to face the lady in front of her.

"This is the girl I told you about." She says. "She's nineteen, and she's looking for a job."

The lady turns to look at me. From my judgement, not the kind to really judge though, she looks about forty with beautiful wavy dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She's wearing a business suit, and I presume she's one of the business friends Mandy mentioned.

"Hello, Belle. I'm Felicia." She says, extending a hand.

I smile and shake her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Felicia."

She smiles warmly. "What do you enjoy doing? What are your hobbies and passions?"

I pause to think. "Well, I love singing and dancing, performing in general. I also have a thing for writing and designing."

Felicia's smile widens. "Designing as in fashion designing?"

I nod my head.

"Well, if you're interested, I have job openings for a fashion designer and a blogger. You could fill in both, if you want." Felicia says.

I look at Mandy who shrugs her shoulders.

"What would the working hours be?" I ask.

Mandy gestures for us to sit down on a bench.

"Well, since you're still quite young and new, I believe I can allow you to work ten am to six pm every other day. Starting on Monday." Felicia says after a minute of thinking.

Mandy gives me a thumbs up.

"Thank you for the offer. May I have time to think about it?" I ask Felicia.

She nods her head. "Sure thing, dear. I'll also need to see some samples by the way." She says, handing me a card as she gets up. "I'm just a call away."