CH 16: The Rogue

Lucy Parker Pov
I awake in utter bliss, in a heat so welcomed after the ice of my melancholy walls finally crumbled last night. In the arms of my mate, I was in a false safe haven, and I wanted it to last forever. I felt like a free bird that could go and do whatever they pleased.
-
-
-
Word of advice, don't take away a birds freedom just after you let it out, it doesn't end well, for anyone.
-
-
-
"Why are you being like this!" I yell at Xavier
" I told you everyone's busy, so no one can go with you!" He replies agitated.

" I'm just going in the forest, I'm an animal shapeshifter, I don't neeed protection!" I yell back, red-faced from all the yelling.

" No! Lucy, just go watch something on Tv for a while. Jenna will be back in a couple hours and she'll go with you!" He replies eyes darkening slightly. His wolfs not impressed but guess what; neither am I.

" Don't order me around like a child, I'm not one of your little pack members. I want to go now! Plus it's not like there's anything out there that could hurt me, and you have men al!-" I start but he cuts me off.

" I said NO!" He yells in his alpha voice, eyes darkening to an almost black.

"You don't... you don't trust me. Oh my god! After I trusted you enough to tell you the secret I've never told anyone ever, you think I'll run? I can't believe you sometimes, Xavier." I say tears filling my eyes. I don't know why but him not trusting me hurt, but it hurt so much,

"No, no, it's not that it's just..." he trails of eyes going back to the green I fell for.

" It's just that you don't trust me. You hold on too tightly eventually someone's gonna break lose, not even you can stop that, Alpha." I state tears starting to fall. I turn away quickly and flee the room. I run down the hall and into a spare bedroom.

As sit on the edge of the bed, I let my head fall into my hands. I start to sob softly as tears roll. I'm not usually this sensitive, and I pretty much never cry, it's just that Xavier's important to me now, and he doesn't even trust me to go outside.

I feel a sadness through Faith too. ' Sometimes I wonder why we bother. ' she whimpers.

Then there's a dramatic shift in her thoughts, rage seeping in.

' We can't go outside just because he thinks we'll run, just because he doesn't  fucking trust us. We trusted him with our secret, it took a lot to tell him, and now he can't even fucking trust us to go outside! How pathetic is thst!  ' Faith growls pissed.  

' We are a fucking Luna, the fucking Luna of this pack and we will not let him order us around and hurt us like that, it's time for payback!' she hisses in rage.

Her anger actually snaps me out of my pity party. ' Well, I guess we'll just have to go outside anyway, let's go.' I state, pretty pissed off myself. Faith hoots in excitement in my mind as we head to the window. Someone enjoys rebellion, although it's not really rebellion 'cause Xavier's not an authority figure, just a controlling asshole. But hey, close enough right?

' Just feeling a bit of deja vu.' Faith laughs as I open the Window. I laugh in reply before sliding out onto the window ledge. Sparing a glance down below, I brace myself, before jumping.

There's a slight rush before I land, then I hit the ground running. I run for the forest, my legs carrying me swiftly to my destination. Once I'm in the safety of the trees I calm down, breathing in the fresh air deeply.
-
-
-
I've been in the forest for about an hour now and honestly, it's quite surprising. Like, he hasn't panicked and sent out a search party yet, soooo... I see improvement. Although there's always room for a hell of a lot more.