Chapter 1

It's been ten minutes now since he has left. It's strange, how he was just here, doing all those things with me and then suddenly is gone. He told me to go home, which I'm now really considering.

I get up and make my way across the room, hoping to spot familiar auburn hair. I haven't seen Vicky after she went to dance with Nick which concerns me. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a weirdo like the guy from before.

When I want to give up the search, I spot two people all over each other. Vicky has her hands dug in Nick's hair, while their tongues dance around with each other. I redden and approach them carefully.

"Vicks." I tap her and she turns around. Her red lipstick is smudged and her mouth area is red. So is Nick's.

"Hey Lo, are you having fun?"

"I wanna go home." She rolls her eyes, Nick next to her gazing at the two of us.

"Why? What's wrong we-"

"Please let's go Vicky." I cut her off and give her a serious look.

"Lola, tell me what's wrong."

"I'm not feeling well, I might barf."

"But we haven't been here for that long." Vicky looks at Nick, who is awkwardly standing there.

"Sorry guys, my friends are calling, see you later." He interrupts us and leaves just like that.

Vicky frustratingly groans and crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"You better have a good explanation for this."

We take our coat and jacket, pay and then leave directly. The sky is pitch black while the moon is weakly illuminating the busy streets.

"Do you have to be such a party pooper?"

"Sorry, I just don't feel well."

"Did something happen? Did you have to many drinks?" She stops just to look at me.

"Maybe one too many, but that's okay." I assure her.

"Have you met someone?"

"Me? No I didn't." I lie and hesitate to tell her about the mysterious guy. Maybe I should keep it to myself, at least for now. I don't want her to cling onto that, because that's what she does whenever I tell her that I've talked to a guy.

***

Today is Sunday and on today's morning the first thing I do is go under the shower, since I still smell like the night club. I still have his smell in my nose, and I couldn't keep him out of my mind for the last couple of hours.

The warm water splashes on my skin, sending me into a state of relaxation. By the time I open my eyes, I see a pair of dark brown eyes gawking at me, causing me to gasp in fear. I assure myself that that was only my wild imagination playing tricks on me.

I wrap the towel around my body and walk out, which leads me to our dorm room, where Vicky is curled up on her bed. I get dressed pretty quickly.

"Why are you so quiet?" I hear my friend ask.

"I'm not."

"Yes you are, you haven't said anything ever since we got home. Did something happen?" I shake my head with a frown. She is just overthinking everything.

I part my hair in the middle and slick it back into a bun with a brush and a little bit of gel, my go to hairstyle.

"Um Lola..." Vicky says.