Friday (Part 2)

Dinah: DO IT CHANCHO
(9:21 PM)

Dinah: DOOOOO IT
(9:29 PM)

---

Normani: What the hell are you waiting for? The damn rapture?
(10:17 PM)

---

Ally: Tick tock, tick tock
(10:55 PM)

---

"Wow, look at the time," Normani said with a sarcastic tone as she put her arm around Dinah and pulled her closer. "We're gonna have to go to bed soon," she finished, Dinah catching on to what she was doing.

"Gosh, Normani," Dinah began to say, ignoring the glare from Camila. "I sure hope we go to bed with all our questions asked."

Ally let out a laugh and Lauren turned her head away from the movie and gave Dinah and Normani weird looks, "Are you guys feeling okay? You're acting weird, actually the three of you," she said looking at Ally. "Have been acting like fucking crazy people all night."

"Oh we are doing just fine," Ally laughed. "What about you? How are you feeling? Camila? What about you? How are you feeling about moving to California in about 10 hours," she said tapping the invisible watch on her wrist.

Camila narrowed her eyes and shook her head, but she could hear Lauren sigh beside her, "Can we not talk about Camz leaving?" Lauren questioned with a frown. "I don't wanna think about the fact that we are probably never going to see her again."

"Lauren!" Camila groaned. "I'm coming back, we talked about-"

"Two weeks, you'll be back for two weeks and that's not for another four maybe five months and plans change, you could get a job or a new group of friends or-" Normani had heard enough and she picked up the pillow on the couch and hurled it at Camila while Lauren continued talking.

"Fucking hell, Mila!" Normani yelled gesturing to Lauren's current state and Camila sighed when she realized Lauren looked as though she might start crying at any moment.

"Babe? Don't okay," Camila said softly, standing up and holding out her hand. "Come with me. We need to talk, okay?"

"Oh God, you're gonna break up with me!?" Lauren cried out as she started to become frantic.

Camila's eyes widened and she realized what she had said and shook her head in protest. "I am going to do no such thing, please just come with me?"

Lauren looked down at the floor and then back up at Camila, her bottom lip quivering as she nodded her head and took the hand Camila was still holding out to her. As soon as she was standing she let go of Camila's hand and sighed, making her way out of the living room, completely missing the exchange between Camila and her friends.

"You're all idiots," Camila mumbled as she caught the keychain Normani was tossing her, while Dinah and Ally high fived one another and gave her a thumbs up, goofy grins plastered across all three of their faces.

Camila rolled her eyes and turned to walk away, following the path to her backyard where Lauren was pacing back and fourth on the deck, her head down and Camila could see her mouth moving as if Lauren was giving herself a pep talk, warning herself to hold it together. Clearing her throat to announce that she was there Camila unintentionally scared Lauren who looked up with a hand on her chest, "You gave me a fright."

"I gave you a fright?" Camila asked laughing. "Who says that? Who are you and what have you done with my bad ass, swear word screaming, girlfriend?"

"Don't make fun of me," Lauren pouted. "I don't feel like me tonight."

Camila smiled sadly and stepped forwards wrapping her arms around Lauren's waist as she pressed her forehead against the taller girls, green eyes peered down at her and Camila suddenly felt like she was spinning. "I had this whole speech prepared and all of a sudden I can't remember a damn thing," Camila said with a small laugh.

"Can you try?" The voice that came out of Lauren's mouth barely sounded like hers, it was small and scared and it wasn't raspy at all.

Camila let out a hard breath of air and stepped back to put distance between her and Lauren, "I picked a school," she whispered, peering at Lauren with a deep gaze.

"UCLA," Lauren said sadly and Camila shook her head.

"I didn't pick UCLA," Camila told her. "It's a good school, but I didn't pick UCLA. I have something for you," Camila said holding out the keychain to Lauren who took it and examined the engraving with a confused look on her face. "I refuse to live in residence, I wanted you to have a key to my apartment."

"Why?"

"Because-"

"Are you going to Berkeley? I love that you want me to have a key to your apartment, but let's be honest I have school here in Miami and California is pretty far aeay and I'll probably never get to-"

"I'm not going to Berkeley," Camila groaned, starting to feel annoyed that Lauren kept cutting her off.

"So you're going to Georgetown ?" Lauren asked. "Because Washington isn't exactly close and I probably won't get to use th-"

"Let her finish!" A voice rang out through the backyard and Camila and Lauren turned towards the back door where Dinah, Normani, and Ally were watching them.

"I'm wanted you to have a key because I was hoping you maybe move in with me, what's that joke about the uhaul?" Camila said with a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

"I can't move in with you Camz," Lauren said shaking her head. "I have school here and I can't just follow you across the country and-"

"Jesus Christ Lauren," Camila said grabbing Lauren's arm that was waving around eratically as she spoke. "Will you shut up for like two second please?"

"Sorry, but I was-"

"I chose the school closest to-"

"NYU?"

"Wow, she's so oblivious," Ally said loud enough for Camila and Lauren to hear.

"I'm going to the University of Miami," Camila finally managed to say. "That key is for my apartment in Miami, the apartment I move into on July first. I'm coming back in four months, Lauren."

Lauren was silent for a moment and Camila could see the information circulating behind Lauren's eyes, "You chose Miami?" She finally asked, needing to hear Camila say it again.

"I chose you," Camila smiled and Lauren stared at her, a smile creeping slowly onto her face at the same time that tears started to slide down her cheeks.

"You chose me?" Lauren asked and Camila nodded as Lauren's body crashed against hers. "You're coming back?" She mumbled into Camila's hair.

"In four months, I'm coming back," Camila confirmed.

"When? When did you know? How did-"

"I accepted yesterday morning, that was the phone call I left the grocery store to take and Ally came with me to look at the apartment this morning," Camila told her. "I found out I got the place this afternoon and I would have said something sooner, but I wanted to have everything lined up and-"

"You want me to move in with you?"

"You said yourself you wanted to stop living under your parents roof and you don't have to say yes, I just," Camila shrugged and bit her lip. "You're my future Lo, I just want to start that as soon as we possibly can," she smiled, tears forming in her own eyes. "You don't have to-"

"Yes, yes of course I will," Lauren finally exclaimed, realization taking her over. "You chose Miami, you chose me. You're coming back and we are gonna be okay," she breathed out, as she leaned forwards and kissed Camila, tears still in her eyes as she hugged Camila so tight there wasn't any space between them.

"Got room for us in that hug?" Dinah asked opening the back door the rest of the way and Lauren and Camila both laughed as Ally, Normani, and Dinah wrapped their own arms around the two girls.

"I told ya'll she was gonna cry," Ally said laughing.