Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XII

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XII] ||

--

They stood in front of Tsunade as she looked over a small scroll, selecting a mission for them to accomplish her eyes lazily drifting down the list of D-ranked missions, decided simply to assign one randomly, which turned out to be capturing a number of birds so that they could be tagged for research.

“Okay, so you need to capture seventeen birds,” Tsunade spoke lazily, observing how equally lazy Kakashi and Oriko looked, guessing that it wouldn’t take her long to complete, “Dismissed,” Both shinobi in front of the Hokage nodded simultaneously and left quickly without saying anything, Tsunade was once again left in peace. 

 Oriko and Kakashi were quick to where Tsunade directed them and whilst Kakashi settled himself in a tree with his book,  Oriko collected her thoughts and leapt into one of the trees preparing a number of traps as she began to dart around, scaring the birds out of hiding.  

They weren’t too difficult to capture, and it didn’t take her too long to finish, there was only really one bird which gave her trouble as it seemed to know exactly what was going on and did nearly everything possible to stay as far from her as it was able. 

 To the point where she had to use her wind chakra energy to direct the bird flight almost right into her net, unfortunately she nearly killed said bird by creating a wall of wind chakra which was far too solid; but the bird was stronger than it looked. 

Eventually, though, her mission was complete as was the morning, and she and Kakashi parted ways, herself going to find some lunch, again picking up a bento box but this time she’d go further away and find some genuine privacy, where nobody else could be watching or attempt to talk to her. 

She hadn’t spoken much to Kakashi, he didn’t seem to have much interest in talking to her and she had nothing really worth asking, she was beginning to look at Genjutsu again and she was close to figuring it out, but without anyone to practice on, it was proving a little difficult. 

She was planning on practicing more after lunch and wanted to ask Kakashi to help – which was his reason for their getting to know one another, but his previous reaction to her questions about genjutsu were worrying her.  She imagined that he would simply try to fend her off again and divert her attempts to improve…not to mention the fact that whatever his reason for being so hesitant last time, it sure as hell wasn’t going to be eased by questions over her allegiance to the Leaf.

What if I ask Anko? Hmm, but then she might well be angry at me to attracting some of Kakashi’s attention last night…I don’t want to think she’s that shallow but I don’t know her well enough to gauge it… shit….some of the others maybe? Asuma? Kurenai? Again, it might seem a little weird as I don’t know any of them

She eventually found a seat on the grass in a secluded spot well away from anywhere it seemed and took a steady bite of rice, relishing the taste and satisfaction she took from it. She finished her lunch quickly as she continued to mull over the potential options to help her with her training. 

 She was sat on the grass underneath a tree in a quiet meditative state, something which she always liked to do before beginning a training session, she could feel the innate calm wash over her but couldn’t tell how long she’d sat there for. 

Oriko slowly opened her eyes and was met with an immediate wide-set brown eyes, her sense of calm allowed her to not recoil back screaming, but rather to carefully observe the massive wide-set eyes, thick short brown hair and large, vertical ears and the grand crest of antlers were imposing to say the least…