Night five

Louis is sitting on the roof eating skittles. Harry is on his date and Louis wishes he wasn't. He wants Harry to sit and eat skittles with him. He wants to cuddle and make stupid wishes on the stars, but mostly he wants to be with Harry.

He hears a car door shut and watches as Nick opens the passenger door for Harry. He throws a skittle in their direction, thankfully they don't notice.

Harry, bless his heart, looks awkward around Nick. They walk to his front door and out of Louis' view. He screams internally because all he wants to see is if Nick kisses Harry. If he does Louis will go down there and kick his ass.

Louis hears mumbling and then he hears Nicks voice very clear.

"Why'd you turn your head? I thought you wanted me to kiss you."

Louis' anger boils, but then Harrys voice is heard and calms him down.

"No. Actually, I think we should just be friends."

Louis smirks and pops another skittle in his mouth. God he hates Nick and he loves hearing him getting rejected. There's a pause and then Louis watches as Nick walks back to his car, frown on his face. Nick pulls out of the driveway and speeds down the street.

Louis chuckles and throws a skittle in the air, attempting to catch it in his mouth. He misses by a lot and watches sadly as the skittle falls to the ground.

"Were you waiting for me?" Harrys voice breaks through the silence of the night and grabs all of Louis' attention.

"Maybe," Louis replies. Harry just smiles, his adorable dimples popping out. He climbs out the window and onto the roof.

"Can I have a skittle?"

"Yeah, of course," Louis says, passing him the large bag. Harry grabs a couple and puts a green on in his mouth.

"How was your date?" Louis asks. His voice is an odd mixture between jealousy and amusement.

"Awkward. I just wanted to come home and see you," Harry tells him, placing more skittles in his mouth. Louis smiles big and leans forward to kiss Harrys smooth cheek.

"I wanted you to come home too," Louis says and Harry rolls his eyes. They sit in a comfortable silence and Louis grabs Harrys hand.

"Let's go climb the tree," he whispers and Harry looks at him with wide eyes.

"What if my mom sees us?"

"I don't care," Louis says and Harrys eyes light up with mischief.

"Let's go," he agrees excitedly. They both climb off of Louis' roof, one after the other. When they reach the ground Louis grabs Harry's hand again and they run across the small yard. They're both giggling like idiots when they reach the tree. Louis drops his hand and jumps up, grabbing the branch and hoisting himself up. He reaches his hand down, helping pull Harry up and then they climb.

They climb up until they know they're covered by the leaves, which are starting to turn red and orange. Louis looks over at Harry with a huge grin and picks a leaf off the tree.

"For you, my dear," he says and Harry laughs and takes the leaf in his hand.

"You shouldn't have," he gushes.

They look at each other and Louis knows in that moment, he'll never love anyone more than he loves Harry.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, Lou?"

"Will you marry me one day?"

Harry looks at Louis with wide eyes and he feels like he's glowing because he never would consider marrying anyone else. His answer comes without a second thought.

"Most definitely."

Louis smiles and leans forward, connecting their lips. Harry is his forever.