Chapter 2

Readers POV
"Now, hold still!" I scream in pain as the man in a white lab coat, with a mask covering his mouth and nose - like the type you would see a dentist wear, towered over me, injecting fluid into my eye. I kick and wriggle but it only tightens the restraints around my ankles and wrist, drawing blood as I continue to struggle as they cut into my tender flesh.
"Stop it! You're hurting me!!" I cry, but the man just chuckles. He didn't care about my pain. He found it amusing.
"Don't worry my little pet. Soon you won't be able to feel any pain at all!" He laughs menacingly, now jamming the needle into my other eye. I yell out in agony. Not only was this so utterly painful, but it was most likely going to become infected as he used the same needle for both eyes, without sterilising them. Blood trickles out of my sockets as he pulls the needle out. Seeming pleased with his work. He pulled away, staring into my eyes. He smiled, quickly grabbing a mirror and holding it in my face.
"See?! Your eyes are beautiful now my pet!" I was shocked. I soon ignored the pain when I saw what had happened to my eyes. They were now yellow and had slits for pupils, rather than orbs. I blink over and over. But my eyes couldn't take anymore blinking and sent out shooting pains. I cried out. When I tried to re open them, my eyes had returned to their original [e/c] colour.
"W-why are you doing this to m-me?! It's inhumane!" I was angry. Why was he doing this? Why did my parents abandon me here with this man? Do they know what's happening?
"Silence!" He shouted, slicing down my face with a scalpel that was placed on his tool tray. It made a small cut down my eye towards my cheek.
I whine in pain. I wanted to hold my face in my hands, but every movement made the restraints tighter. Causing more pain.
"I think that's enough for one day. Time for a nap!" He skips, running over to a switch. Placing his hand on it. I shake my head vigorously.
"No, no! Please no!!" I plead. A smirk forms on his face as he flips the switch. Suddenly electricity flows through my body. My body shakes up and down, side to side. My muscles contract and then start to become numb. I scream out in pain as the shocks become more violent. My screams continued until my vision turns blurry before rendering me unconscious.

My heart races as my eye lids shoot open. I flinch as the sunlight beams into my eyes, forcing me to slam them shut. My brain starts to function properly. I sigh in relief.
Just a dream.. just a dream. But why must I keep having these dreams? I thought to myself.
Even when I was trapped in the facility, I still had nightmares about the place. I was hoping that now that I've escaped, they would stop... I guess my body isn't used to being free yet.. I lift my hand, shading the sun from my face as I flutter my opens again. It was still very bright but I was able to bare it. I shift my body, sitting up. An aching sensation shoots through my spine as I arch forward.
"Gah!" I pant. I sit for a while, until the pain went away, before struggling to my feet. I was slow moving but it didn't matter. As long as there was no pain, I don't care how long I took.  Once I was finally to my feet. I hugged my arms around my chest, each hand holding on to the opposite shoulder. I slowly take small steps forward, continuing on. I don't really know where I was going, but I had to get as far away as possible.
I gradually pick up the pace, now walking at a steady speed, until I trip over something. I hit the ground with a thud.
"Gah!" I slowly turn onto my back, looking at what my legs where resting on that had caused me to trip. It was a body. H-huh? A b-body!?.. I move onto my hands and knees and crawl over to the corpse, checking for any sign of movement of his chest, in the hope that maybe he was still alive. However, it was certain, he was dead. I scan my eyes up and down his body until my gaze meets his neck. I throw my body back, scrambling on my rear in terror. His throat had been ripped from his neck, even bits of bone were missing. I could see all inside, all the tubes. They would eventually lead down to the lungs and the heart. I flip back onto my knees as I gagged. I could feel vomit rising up into my mouth until I spew it out. I expected it to have no colour - just stomach acid, as I hadn't eaten anything. But I was shocked when it came out a pinky/red colour.
"W-what?" I shakily bring my hand to my mouth, wiping anyway any sick that dribbled down my chin. I inspected the vomit, looking closely, it contained weird chunks for meat. "D-d-don't say that I... don't say t-that it's..." I looked closer when something suddenly caught my eye, it stood out from all the other pieces. It wasn't pink, it was a white-ish colour.  I prodded it with my finger. It was solid, hard as a rock, but in ways still brittle. Cringing at my own movements, I picked up the chunk, dusting off any sick residue that covered it. Once it was clear, I threw it back down, again, vomit came flooding out of my mouth. The piece I had picked up was bone. More meat chunks came tumbling out with the vomit.
"No, no! This can't be happening! Not again!" I panic. My eyes glance towards the throat-less man. I then realised what I had done. It had happened again, I lost control. I did this to him. I tore his own throat right out of his neck. I shuffled back, leaning against a tree. I arched my legs so my knees where at my chest and I started to rock back and forth as tears streamed down my face. At first I couldn't remember anything that happened. I could only remember up the the part where I had been pinned to the ground, then all went dark after that. But now seeing that man and looking at what came up out of my stomach. It was clear what happened. It happened.. I had shape shifted again. I always hated when that happened. I lose control and go completely wild. I despised the men who did this to me. Who made me like this. I wasn't born a shapeshifter, I was born a human, well.. at least I thought I was. My parents always seemed to be scared of me... but why?