Temporary Comfort

AN: Here's a double update for you guys since I didn't update last week. Enjoy!

~~~Taehyung~~~

Soft, slow, gentle, loving, warm.

Fingers card through my hair, stopping to brush fallen strands out of my face. A soft moan leaves my lips and I feel the fingers freeze. As they're about to completely disappear, my hand shoots up and wraps around a wrist, my eyes slowly peeling open. Drowsily, I look up at the owner of the fingers, "Namjoonie hyung?" my voice sounds small and timid, unfamiliar to myself.

"Mornin' Tae.." he whispers with a small smile, looking down at me. I slowly release his wrist and frown, watching as his smile turns sad, sympathy hidden behind worried glances aimed at my hand. Oh, right.. I look down at my hand, wrapped in a bandage with a few red spots- blood. "I should change that bandage," Namjoon chuckles, though it holds no humor, "you managed to cut pretty deep, but it'll heal up soon."

Nodding, I slowly push myself into a sitting position, now noticing that I'm in Namjoon and Seokjin's shared room. Namjoon ruffles my hair and stands up, walking into the hallway. With a small sigh, I relax against the headboard, picking at a loose string on my shirt. Namjoon returns quickly balancing a bowl and a first aid kit in one hand while holding a mug in his other hand.

"Seokjin made you some soup and hot chocolate." he explains as he sets the mug on his bedside table, followed by the bowl of soup. I send him a small smile and nod as a 'thank you'. Carefully, he takes my hand in his own and slowly unwraps the bandage, "Jin wanted to do this- take care of you- himself, you know?" I watch with tired eyes as he opens the first aid kit and pulls out a cotton ball, a container of what looks to be rubbing alcohol, and a new bandage.

He dampens the cotton ball with alcohol and carefully dabs it on the cut on my palm, causing me to wince from the slight sting. As he cleans the cut, he whispers reassuring words to me to try and calm my small whimpers of pain. Slowly, I allow my mind to wander, a soft sigh escaping my lips as my eyes slowly close. I can hear someone talking in the next room, the paper thin walls doing nothing to block the voices. Who it is or what they're saying, however, is a complete mystery to me.

As Namjoon finishes wrapping my wound, I open my eyes and look at him. "Joonie hyung.." I call out softly, watching with slight amusement as his head shoots up and he looks at me with a small smile. My throat constricts as a fresh wave of sadness washes over me. I swallow thickly and look down, unable to hold his gaze as I gather the courage to speak, "I want... I want to leave.." as soon as the words leave my mouth, I regret even thinking it.

The room gets deathly quiet, and I'm sure Namjoon can hear my heart beating rapidly in my chest. For what seems like hours, but is probably only a few minutes, we sit in silence. I keep my gaze fixated on my lap, afraid of what I would see what I look up. Will he be angry with me?

"Tae-.." I flinch. His voice sounds tired, broken. Against my will, my eyes travel up to meet his own, and I feel the air leave my lungs. Sadness, anger, confusion. So many negative emotions clear as day, but there is one that stands out more than the others, one that hurts so much worse. Disappointment. A sob rips from my throat and before I can even think, I'm running. I faintly register footsteps and yelling behind me, but I pay them no mind as I rip open the front door and run down the street without looking back once.