Chapter 17 - Let's Talk About Love

Luke's  POV

"Luke, come sit. I got to talk with you." Miss J called as I walked into the so familiar kitchen. I sat next to her and waited for her to say what she had to. "Don't you think things are going a little too fast with Nelson?" She asked.

"I don't know, to be honest. I really like him, and I don't want to fall so quickly but I really think that I'm in love with him." I sighed looking at her. "He's a person I like that I actually trust a little but I don't know." I sighed again, laying my head on the table looking at her. She rubbed my back.

"I know, you're confused, but do you know what true love is?" She asked.

"I once was in love in someone. It wasn't by choice but it was by faith. And after years of hoping for his love in return, I never got it." I looked at her. "I really do like him, and he doesn't seem harmful in anyway." 

"I want you to be careful. Thanks for the breakfast you made earlier. Go to your meeting." She said getting up. I groaned and walked out the kitchen. 

"Hi, mummy!" The five boys said at the same time making me jump. I held my chest looking at them smiling. I waved to them, not wanting to interrupt their little game. I walked into the conference room, Nelson there along with other high ranked and former high ranked members. 

Today's boring session is just to name who's who in the pack and whatnot. "Umm I made the list. I'm tired so can we get this done quickly please." I said to nelson. I sat on the chair, with my head on the table looking ahead of me. Michael watched me, his eyes penetrating my soul. I looked away and sat up so we can go through. 

"Taylor's remaining the Pack's Inspector. You can deal with who's going to be your Beta and whatever and all. Taylor you be present with that happening. And whoever you want to be present there, Nelson." I said. 

"Well, I haven't chosen a beta yet but other positions that was already here before can stay, like Head  warrior and stuff. Michael you're going to be training upcoming warriors and Justin you're in charge of all watches and all, if you get what I'm saying. Mr. and Mrs. Moore, I guess you can deal with the pack's reports. Mr. and Mrs. Marshall, you both deal with pack's finances and other needed things." Nelson said, me not really paying attention as to how bored I was. 

"Can I go sleep now?" I asked making Nelson smile and nod. With all the somewhat important things set, we made out way to our bedroom. Miss J and the boys playing a board game on the floor. 

We entered the bedroom, I dropped myself face first on the mattress, groaning from tiredness. I then felt a hand rubbing my back making me feel relaxed. I turned over looking at Nelson. He leaned down to my height, attaching his lips to mine. I kissed him back, him forcing his tongue in my mouth. I felt a little strange with his action, but went along with it. His hands trailed to inside my shirt, his fingers running to my chest and then running down to my pants. I pulled away immediately when I felt him trying to pull it down. He looked at me, then kissed me again, his hand repeating the action again a few minutes after making out. I pulled back again and backed higher up to the bed

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked.

"I-I'm not ready." I said honestly.

"What do you mean.?

"I'm not ready for that yet. We're moving a little to fast." I said looking at him.

"I want to be with you, you want to be with me. What's the big deal about going a little fast, babe?" He asked in an unusual tone.

"I'm sorry but I just don't want to do anything like that yet. I'm not ready." 

"Can't you get over the fact about those things that happened to you, can't we just have some fun?' He asked.

"I-I'm sorry but I'm not ready." I said again. 

"Whatever. I'll be downstairs." He said walking out the door slamming the door making me jump. I frowned at his choice of just walking out for something so silly. I jumped again when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I shouted. The door cracked open and to my surprise Michael walked in. "Leave it open, please." I told him referring to the door. He did so which shocked me. He sat on the chair next to the desk.

"So, how are you, Luke?" He asked me.

It took me a while to answer him. "I'm okay. How are you, Alp-Michael?"

"You're just okay? What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm fine. How can I help you?"

"I don't trust that Ned guy." He asked.

"It's Nelson." I corrected him.

"I don't care what the fuck his name is, I don't trust him."

"Why's that?" I asked.

"He's going to hurt you, Luke."

"Just like you hurt me?" I asked looking straight at him.

"Was that my fault? Anyone would've done the same thing. I mean you're a fucking ome-" He sighed. "What do you want me to do about that, Luke?"

"I don't know." I said softly. "Mickey told me about your previous lover." I said.

"Yeah, so what?" 

"It's just ironic that you mated with someone just because your true mate is worthless." I said.

"You're doing the same with Ned."

"It's Nelson, and how am I doing the same. You're the one who didn't want me. You moved on, so did I." I told him, looking at him. 

"Don't fucking talk to me like that, you piece of shit!" He said getting up and raising his fist at me making me flinch a little. 

"Get out!" I shouted at him. He left throwing the chair down as he left.

 **

"Babe?" 

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"Are you okay?" 

"Mhm, I am." I said. 

"I'm sorry about earlier." He said.

"It's fine. Where's the boys?" I asked him.

"Downstairs, can we talk?" 

"Sure." I said still laying down on the bed facing the wall. 

"Why can't you get over the past?" 

"I'm not answering that. Any other questions?" I said closing my eyes. 

"Do you love me?"

"Define love." He remained quiet. "Bring the boys please." 

"Okay, love." He said getting up.

"Mummy?" I heard then felt the bed sunk down. I turned around and looked at my boys smiling brightly at me.  "Can we sleep here with you?" Bradley asked. 

"Of course, sweetie." I said to him making him smile at me. Then laying next to me, his brothers following him. 

--------------------

Thanks for reading