Promiscuous

One of the things that bothered Baekhyun was the fact that he couldn't find where Chanyeol had hidden the car keys no matter how hard he tried. He knew he could hot wire the car if he really had to, but that involved too much effort, which was something Baekhyun wasn't willing to do. It was easier to use legitimate keys instead of cutting and connecting wires.

In his mind, all forms of life were intelligent. As a last resort, Baekhyun called over Nugget and asked his stubby pup to go find them. Nugget trotted away and Baekhyun couldn't help, but feel little hope as he watched the tiny dog's stubby body waddle away off to somewhere unknown. But against all odds, Nugget came back with the dangling keys in his mouth within five minutes, surprising Baekhyun and earning Nugget a biscuit.

As Baekhyun looked in the mirror, he tilted his head at his own reflection. He tried to make out what was wrong and when he saw the mistakes in his hair, he quickly fixed it. Putting his fingers at the top of his fitting jeans, he pulled them up a little higher, making sure they fit perfectly and made his thighs look nice. Then he fixed the collar of his shirt before fixing his dark jacket.

When he left his room, he had to do so quietly. With the black SUV's keys held tightly in his hand, he walked out of the hallway and stuck his head into the main living area. He looked around and saw that no one was there despite the fact that a pressure cooker was on. Glancing over to the back door, Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo with Kai, whereas Sehun was off dangling his feet off the edge of the hammock.

Just as he was about to turn and leave, the house phone rang, destroying the silence in the house. Baekhyun sighed and grimaced as he turned back to pick up the phone. He hesitated for a moment, thinking about how it could be Chanyeol, but then he realized that it didn't matter. He could always hang up.

Before he could even greet the person on the other line, he was already bombarded with "hellos" and "Chanyeol?". Recognizing the voice, Baekhyun tapped his fingers on the edge of the counter as he leaned against it.

"Hi, Kris," he piped after he stopped hearing noises on the other side. "Chanyeol's not here."

There was a pause for a moment, which Baekhyun guessed was because Kris was looking at his phone to see if he had dialed in the right number. "Oh, I see. Hey," Kris said, changing the tone of his voice.

If Kris was Chanyeol and if he was the one Baekhyun had an interest in, he would've smirked at the attempt to be sexy over the phone, but Baekhyun didn't. He needed to get out of the house and Kris was hindering him from doing that.

"Do you need something?" Baekhyun asked, trying to be nice to Chanyeol's friend and business associate.

"I was actually calling Chanyeol about some papers, but since you're the one who picked up—"

"—Actually, I was about to leave," Baekhyun quickly interrupted, trying to avoid a lengthy conversation.

"Oh. That's too bad. Maybe I'll try and win your service later," Kris mumbled. "Anyways, where's Chanyeol right now?"

"He said he was going to visit his parents."

"Parents?" Kris repeated. "Why?"

"I don't know," Baekhyun mumbled. "Try calling his cellphone because I have to go."

"Wait, Baek—"

Without much regret, Baekhyun ended the call and promptly put the phone back in its place. Then he walked towards the front door, whirling the car keys around as he hummed a song from the movie Burlesque.

-

-

Meeting with his parents only took a day. Explaining to them the situation had taken no less than three hours. His parents were obviously content and happy that their son hadn't visited them to throw another fit about the marriage contract, but had, instead, visited to express how he had come to terms with everything and actually wanted to go into the process willingly.