Chapter 35. In The Memory of Timothy Joe Francis.

Rage.

I stood in the field as the wind ruffled my hair.
My eyes set on the white tombstone that stood along side my parent's and Angela's graves.

Here lays
Timothy Joe Francis.
A beloved Brother.

18/3/1999 - 3/3/2017

"I promise you brother. I will get her back home. Safe. And I will never let anything happen to her again. Just like you did.."

****

Ten days.

Ten days since I found out that the government has been plotting behind my back to try and take me down.

Ten days since I found out that the man who was once my godfather, is the one who betrayed me.

Ten days since I found out Zaine has been alive all this time.

Ten days since My wife was convicted for a murder and put behind bars.

Ten days since I have been trying to see my wife in prison, but wasn't allowed to do so.

Ten days since my country has been in a black out because I stopped giving them the money that they needed to run this country.

Ten days looking for answers that only Scarlett can has.

Ten days since we lost our brother, Timothy.

I swirl the bitter brown drink in its crystal glass, watching the ice move like snow within.
"Did they find, Martin?" Kevin asks entering my office.
I shook my head slowly, not looking at him.

"Rage, you need to stop drinking. We need your head in this game." Kevin shouts.

I take out my gun and without looking I point it at the painting behind him, and shot the bullet right in the middle of the girl's forehead.
Scarlett made that painting.
Now I feel like a shit.

"My head is right where it needs to be." I say to Kevin who is hyperventilating on the ground from his near death experience.
Chugging the Whiskey in one try, I push the glass away from me.

"You better have answers for me, Kevin. You spent five days with no contact. I knew you were looking for them. So I did not disturb you. Better make it good. I had a lot of free time thinking and I can guarantee you there is a war going in my head that can destroy the whole fucking country within the next fifteen days." I mumble.
He gets on his feet, fuming in anger.

"Haven't you done enough already? The whole country's in a blackout. The government is on their toes. You even took away their military and weapons." Kevin says accusing pointing his index finger at me.

"I did not ask them to convict my wife now. Did I?" I said sarcastically making eye contact with him.

"There won't be a fucking government in the next five days anyways." I whispered to myself, as this time instead of using a glass, I drank straight from the bottle.

"What?" He asks looking at me with his eyes going big.
"The buildings that the government use, they are on my lands. I am getting them seized. Making it a no trespassing zone." I say looking back at him.
"Fuck" He whisper shouts, pushing his fingers into his hair and grabbing them in frustration.

"Didn't they fucking know all this before messing with you?" He asks me.
"They knew that someone named "Zenon R. Díaz" owns them. Unfortunately for them. Its me." I said with a shrug.
My previous life is a mystery to everyone.
No one knows my real name apart from the ones who are close to me.
They just know me as "Rage"