Chapter 37. Goodbye Godfather.

Rage.

13/3/2017

"I was expecting you sooner."
Martin turns his face to look at me.
Since the last time I saw him, he has aged a bit.
His dark circles and red eyes clearly visible in the dim motel room.

"Something had you distracted?" He asks and turns his body and leaned against the table with his arms crossed to his chest.

Its sickening how we dress up so alike.
Both of us wearing the same white shirt and dark pants, sleeves folded to the elbows, showcasing our tattoos. His clothes were wrinkled. Just like me.

"Well something like, I had to bury my wife's dead brother all by myself because she refused to see him. And trying to prove her innocence. Nothing too distracting enough from tracking you down." I said sarcastically.

"And bringing the whole country down while you are at it?!! How many bottles of Hennessy did you go through?" He shots back.

I shake my head in disgust.
He knows me all too well.
This man....
My godfather...
The murderer of my parents.

"Why? Why after all this time...the last ten days there was not a single fucking trace of you. Why show up now?" I ask narrowing my eyes.

He shrugs.

"My son didn't take it very lightly that I let you find out about the government's involvement."

"Bullshit." I snapped.

"Scarlett was innocent. I never wanted her to be a part of this. Neither was Timothy. I...I didn't know he would make her kill her own brother." He whispered with his head down.

"Thats why I slipped in The Mayor's name that day in your office, knowing you will find out the truth. Zaine wasn't expecting it. With you so hot on Scarlett's tail. He never could take her out.
Why else do you think she is alive? He can't kill her or else he will loose the fortune. He would have made it all look like an accident." He says chuckling dryly.

"I don't believe a single shit thats coming out of your mouth." I hissed at him.

"You don't have to, Zenon. My grudge is against you. Not your unborn child. Not Scarlett and not even Timothy." He says raising his eyebrow in a bored manner.
"Un-Unborn child?" I ask, with my brows pulled together.

"Oh yeah...right. You don't know. Do you?" He asks smiling smugly.

"Scarlett was waiting for your birthday to tell you this. The reason why Timothy went to that drug store in the first place, was because he was getting Scarlett, pregnancy test." He smiles.

Everything went silent around me apart from that ringing in my ear.
My heart clenches painfully and my vision gets blurry with tears.

"You----You let this happen...even when you knew. You knew she is-is pregnant with my child." I asked in a pained whisper.

FUCK....I AM GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!

"Like I said I held no grudge against her and your child. I just wanted to take you down." He says meeting my eyes.

I grab him by his collar and growled.

"You fucking let my pregnant wife put into jail for some sick revenge!!!" I screamed in his face.
"You...deserved it. You and your father...Anita and Angela were just the victims of unplanned circumstances." He hissed at me.

"What did my father ever do to you? We treated you like a family. We FUCKING TRUSTED YOU." I scream at him, feeling my head shiver.
"He tried to kill Zaine." He hisses back.