A Jinx

A Jinx

MUGGLE MURDERER SENTENCED TO 150-LIFE AZKABAN SENTENCE, WIZARDING COMMUNITY REJOICES
The wizarding community celebrates a small victory today in the battle against You Know Who and his followers. The notorious Muggle Murderer, Jasper Odair, was found guilty of the murder of his father this morning during a trial held at the Ministry for Magic, overseen by the head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department, Bartemius Crouch. The proceedings were voted on a near unaminous Wizengamot - only seven out of over two-hundred member present opposed.
"The Ministry can only hope that the example we have made of Jasper Odair will make other aspiring Death Eaters think twice about the things that they are doing and the things they think they believe in," Bartemius Crouch informed our reporters upon exiting Courtroom Ten this morning. "The Minister and the Ministry stand in heavy opposition to those who believe themselves to be better than muggles - who would murder a man based upon his blood status. He Who Must Not Be Named and his followers might take notice that we will find and prosecute his followers. We will crush them. We will book them. We will imprison them!"
Jasper Odair was transported to the prison immediately following documentation and was deposited in his cell, where he will pass the rest of his days.

Silence filled the Great Hall.

The Hufflepuff table was empty, Professor Viridi missing from the staff table.

Together, they were mourning in the common room, fighting to come to terms with the loss of their prefect, their captain, their hero - Jasper Odair.

Missing, too, was Lily Evans, who had locked herself in her dormitory and refused to come out.

Classes were cancelled.

When the Marauders returned from the Shrieking Shack, Remus went right to bed while the others were famished. They arrived in the Great Hall to find the news. James nearly threw up, he was so upset.

"Oh bloody hell," whispered Sirius, staring at the Daily Prophet that Frank Longbottom had handed over to him. He lowered the page after reading the article and Peter took it up and scowled at the words. Sirius shivered and rubbed his arms, feeling a chill at the very thought of dementors.

Achlys trembled in his chest.

"This isn't right," Sirius said. "Something's got to be done. Some sort of... of protest ... of demonstration that we aren't in agreement with it!"

"What's a bunch of kids like us gonna do about it?" Peter asked, "The sentence has already been handed out." He put the paper down on the table.

"Dunno," Sirius murmured, "But there's gotta be something."

"How's Lily taking it?" James asked Alice, concerned.

Ali shook her head, "She won't leave her room."

"Brilliant!" Sirius declared, "We'll stage a lie-in! Like John Lennon and Yoko Ono!"

James waved his wand and a white box appeared and he started gathering up toast and strips of bacon hurriedly, scoops of egg and a little cup with cut up fruit inside.

"What're you doing?" Sirius asked, looking over at James.

But James didn't reply. He closed the box and ran from the Great Hall.

"Okay then." Sirius turned to Peter. "So anyway - this lie-in idea... Loads of detentions, I'm sure, but who the fuck cares of that? We'll be protesters!"

Peter stared at Sirius, "What's involved in a lie-in, exactly?"

"We chain ourselves to our beds and refuse to eat or drink and tell the press how we feel about the shitty situation until we get our way!" Sirius said.