Chapter 23 | Myles

I've been an emotional wreck these last few days. Sad, confused, angry.

But ever since Cole confessed and apologised yesterday, it's like everything has become lighter.

Jamie. Jamie. Jamie.

The name of Cole's little brother hasn't left my head.

I wanted to ask so many questions about Jamie, but Cole was so upset I didn't want to push it.

I had put two and two together though.

The picture in Cole's room that I had seen at his party was of Jamie.

I should've figured it out sooner. Honestly though, Cole and Jamie did not look alike.

Cole has brown hair and brown eyes. Jamie had blonde hair and brown eyes. The features of their faces weren't similar at all.

Jamie died three years ago. Cole was 15 and Jamie would be 15 now so that means he is three years younger than Cole. So Jamie was 12 when he died.

He was only a year younger than me. It's so sad.

Mycah hasn't spoken to me since yesterday. I'm afraid to approach him, though he said that he accepted me and that every thing is all good. 

I walked into the bathroom, to get ready for school.

I leaned over the sink and looked in the mirror to examine the tiny scab on my check that Roman had given me the other day.

I was grateful that no one had brought it up. I didn't want to come up with a lie or explain the truth.

The door opened and Mycah walked in.

"H-hi," I muttered a week greeting.

He stared at me for a few moments before decided to mumble a meek "hey" in return.

"Are you... um, angry with me?" I asked.

He sighed.

"No, I guess I don't have a reason to be angry at you. But I am angry," He replied.

"Are you angry at Cole?"

"No.  After what he said yesterday it's hard to be angry at him. I'm just... trying to understand yesterday's scene, because if I'm being completely honest, I'm so confused about what happened yesterday afternoon. Trying to put together what Cole said yesterday is making my confusion  worse. I can't find and sense in it," he confessed.

"I'm actually having a hard time understanding your situation too." Mycah added.

"What situation," I questioned.

"You, and you being with Cole. The whole thing. I should've realised something was up sooner. I should've known you were gay. I'm you're brother, I should just know these things. I saw that you acted strangely around Cole, I thought maybe you were scared of him, that he was bullying you or something. But you've been making out with him and keeping it a secret this whole time." Mycah explained.

"No, it wasn't exactly like that, Mycah. Yes I've been making out with him. You were also right about being scared of him. Well, at first I was. He wasn't exactly nice to me in the beginning. But then one day he just decided to kiss me," I left out the part where he punched me.  "We were both confused, like how would you feel if you thought you were straight all your life but then suddenly discovered you liked kissing boys?" 

I wasn't sure why I was telling Mycah all of this but I continued. "I thought Cole was just messing with me, and I got proof that confirmed it. I was so upset. The other day when you came in my room because I was crying, well it was because I found out that Cole was actually messing with me. It hurt because I actually realised then that I like him. I like him, Mycah. I can't help it. And yesterday he apologised, and confessed and I felt how passionate he was when he kissed me. He likes me back."

Mycah looked like he had no idea where this was all coming from. Hell. I didn't even know.

"Sorry, I just had to get that of my chest," I admitted.

"It's alright. Everything's alright. Just please be careful and read the signs. I don't want you getting hurt again. Although if you do, I will always protect you," Mycah said and hugged me.

"Thank you. I'm happy you accept me." I said.

"Of course I would. When do you think you're gonna tell mum and dad?" He asked.

"I don't know, whenever I'm ready." I answered.

"Do you think you'll come out, like maybe to the school, or just your friends?"

"Maybe not for I while." I said, but then, " Actually I think there is one person I really want to tell."

It was Jemma. I had a feeling she wouldn't mind.

"Okay." Mycah said.

-

I found Jemma by my locker when arrived at school.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to meet you here."

"Okay. So I've um got something to tell you," I say.

"Alright, what?" She responded.

"Please don't tell anyone, though." I check to see if anyone nearby could possibly hear us.

"Okay, I won't."

I took a deep breath, "I'm gay."

Her eyes widened. Then she smiled.

"Okay." She said.

That was easier than I thought it would be.

"You're not mad?" I questioned.

"No, I don't mind. I have a cousin, she's bisexual." She replied.

"Oh. I'm glad you're okay with it." I smiled.

"Aw, you're so cute," she hugged me, "And of course I'd be okay with it."

She pulled back and asked, "So who knows?"

"Two people. My brother and the guy I like," I stated.

"You like someone, aw! You have to tell me about it." She said.

"I will," I responded, "When I'm ready."

She nods and hugs me again, "I'm happy for you."

I spotted Cole walking down the hall my brother and the twins. It looks like everything is okay there.

Mycah looked over at me and gave me a reassuring smile. Then he nudged Cole with his elbow and nodded his head in my direction.

Cole gave me a big grin that I couldn't help but return.

--------------

Thank you all so much for your votes and comments. I love going through all the comments and seeing notifications from you guys, it makes my day!