Stray Cat

I was enjoying the high when he walked in

I was enjoying the high when he walked in. I knew it was Kol bloody Mikaelson even before I set my eyes on him, only one bastard had the balls to call me by my true name. 

I glanced up and checked his face. Lighter brown hair than normal, blue ocean eyes and a jawline for days. A different face but all pure Kol, the way he walked with confidence and the way he looked at me without fear. Not only that, but when you truly looked inside you could see the chaos that was Kol Mikaelson, the wildest Original. 

"Look what the cat dragged in." I said, looking up at him from my comfy seat. 

"You know no cat could ever drag me darling." He replied, amused. "I dragged myself in."

"Unfortunately for you I don't have an habit of taking in strays." I replied, smirking at him. Ahh, banter, I did miss that. 

He let out a laugh, pulled the chair next to me and sat down. "I have missed you darling, no other can amuse me so." 

"You only come to me when you're in dire need, so tell me, what is it that you need this time?" I asked, arching a brow at him. My old friend, like every other vampire, only came to see witches when he needed favors. But even so, he only came to see me when he was in deep shit. 

"Well, did you hear of what happened to me?" He asked, now somewhat tense and uncomfortable. 

"You mean the fact that you were killed by a baby vampire and a human hunter?" I asked delighted when a scowl appeared on his face. 

"That was not what happened." He growled out, glaring at my small smirk.

"Whatever you say motănel. [1]" I said not in the mood to deal with his pissy moods. "Whatever it was that happened you died, so the question is who do you owe for bringing your sorry ass back?" [1: Little Tomcat in Romanian]

"My dear old mother." He replied, and stood up to check the room more carefully, or better, to hide the emotions in his face from me. 

I whistled lowly. The Original Witch was a goddam bitch, and not one that would bring her children back from the dead for nothing. Not only that, but she hadn't brought him back into his original body, which meant she probably was holding Kol's mortality over his head. 

"So what is it you wish from me?" I finally inquired, better to stop beating around the bush.

"You already know what I want draga mea [2], I want you to return me to my body." He said, looking at me to check my reaction. I simply did what any other junkie high on poppy would do, I let out a large laugh. [2: my darling in Romanian]

"You haven't come to see me in God knows how long, and now you come and demand that I resurrect your body from the ashes?" I asked almost incredulously. "You have balls, I'll give you that. However, I no longer practice witchcraft and will not do so for you."