Chapter 38. A Liability.

Author's Note:

This is the 50th part of the book!!!
I want you guys to gooo crazzyyy on the comments. We have only two more chapters left after this until the Epilogue.
I am as emotional as you guys!!!
I can't believe I am going to finally finish this book.
Most of all, I can't believe the love I have received for Rage.

As excited as you guys are!!!!
Enjoy!!!
***

Rage.

"We need to find him, before he disappears again."

"I can't....." I whisper looking down at the floor. My shoulders slumped, defeatedly.
I haven't been able to concentrate on Zaine, Martin or my fucked up family secrets, when My wife is suffering from a trauma.

"Whats wrong...." I hear him whisper from across the office table.
I take a moment of silence and just closed my eyes, trying to keep everything at bay.

After spending sleepless nights, and reading all the files, Martin had on him. I forwarded them to Kevin.

So now. He is here. And we need to act. We need to act fast too.
But I am just not able to...

Specially when my wife is four months pregnant and hasn't spoken a word to me since I got her back.

She hasn't spoken word since she lost Tim.....

"She is not coping well." I whisper.
"You should take her outside. You can't always keep her locked in---"
"You think I haven't already done that? She fought me tooth and nail in the beginning of our relationship, because she was afraid I would take away her freedom and keep her locked in with me. And now.....now she doesn't want to get out of that bloody room. She starts crying and bawling her eyes out everytime I would beg her to come out with me and just take a walk. She does not feels safe outside anymore........ She doesn't fucking talk dammit. She lost ten pounds while she was in jail. I had to keep reminding her that she has a baby inside her just to make her eat...." My voice cracks and I look away trying not to shed anymore tears.

"Rage...."He whispers.

"I can't hunt down Zaine, When she needs me, Kevin. I cant put her into more trauma when I know completely well, that I might not make it out alive if I face him. I need to bring her back. I need to make her strong before I make that possibility that she might loose me too. We need to wait..." I whispered and got off my office chair, facing the glass wall behind me that overlooked the lake.

"I am here if you need me...." Kevin whispers and leaves the office.

Taking off my suit jacket and gathering whatever wit I have left in me, I ruffle my hair to tame them a bit since I haven't gotten a hair cut in a long time.

Opening the door to the adjoined bedroom, I find it empty.
Frowning I step in and walk over to the bathroom to find it empty too.
Going back to bed, I lay my palm on the mattress where Scarlett usually sleeps, finding it a bit warm, I realised she must have left some time ago.

I take out my phone and open the app where I can see all the security cameras in the mansion.
Rewinding back to ten minutes ago, I open the camera window that is right outside our bedroom.

I watch the footage play out.
One minute into it, the door to the bedroom opens right after Kevin leaves, Scarlett was dressed in a white shirt of mine, as she does not sleeps in her clothes anymore. Even the underwears make her uncomfortable.
So you can imagine what she is doing to me, with that tiny baby bump sticking out and the pregnancy glow on her beautiful face, with nothing but my shirt on her body.