11.

Not Edited..

C H R I S T I N E

Catherine wasn't very happy that I asked for a day off again nor was Jennifer. But Jennifer knew that I had to go and she quickly got over it. Sadly she didn't get over the fact that I'm going to meet Mathew's family, she insisted on helping me choose an outfit although I don't think Mathew nor his family will mind what I'm wearing.

Jennifer and I rode in the bus and chatted about random stuff until we reached my apartment.

Mom was sitting on the sofa, watching some series, we exchanged greets then we went to my room.

"You need to wear something cute but practical." She said and I nodded.

We went through my closet and decided on a white sweater, ripped jeans, brown ankle boots, maroon scarf and green jacket.

I wore them as quickly as I could before putting a little bit of mascara and lip gloss.

"Try to have fun and I want all the details when you come back" Jennifer said.

"I'll try and I promise you full description" I winked and she smirked.

"Bye Mom" I said.

"Bye Honey" Then I went out.

Ryan was in the car waiting for me, I entered and greeted him. He drove to Mathew's mansion.

"How's Mathew's family?" I asked Ryan, he has been working here for awhile, he should know something.

"Um..interesting" He answered and I frowned. What does he mean? I guess I have to see for myself. 

He parked in the driveway, there were no cars which relived me, now I have more time to cook and make it look perfect.

I knocked on the door, softly and waited for Mathew to open the door. I heard the door opens so I looked up from my feet and smiled a little at Mathew. I hope I look okay because he seems to be staring. Maybe I should have wore something more distinguished.

"Hello Christine" He grinned.

"Hello Mathew" I smiled, he moved aside to let me in.

I took off my jacket and hanged it on the coat hanger then I headed to the kitchen with Mathew following me. I put my purse on the counter and looked at Mathew. I took a second to admire him in a black suit. He always looks handsome, I'm kind of jealous.

"So...tell me a little about your family, what's it like?!" I smiled, I was really curios and Ryan's answer didn't fulfil my needs.

"They're pretty okay expect for my step mother and her daughter" He answered.

"Step mother?!" I raised an eyebrow. That's definitely new information to me.

"You don't know?! It was on the news for like three days." I was probably working or with my mom in the hospital.

"I don't really watch the news or use the Internet" I blushed, who doesn't watch TV? Apparently, me!

"I should probably start cooking" I muttered to myself and started getting the ingredients out.

Mathew excused himself and went back to the living room while I started cooking.

Millions of questions flew into my mind, what happened to his mom? Is his stepmother bad? Does his step sister have a crush on him like in the books?!! Gosh I hope not, I have always found it weird.

How do I always have this ridiculous thoughts?! I feel like a ten-year old girl or a middle schooler.

After a while I heard Mathew open the door for someone and I got nervous, what if they don't like me or my food? I'm more nervous about my food,thought. Because it's my job and all. Suddenly Mathew appeared in front of me.

"They are here" Mathew sighed.

"That's great, I'm almost done with the dinner." I smiled and he nodded. After that he went back to the living room.

I could hear them exchanging greetings and talk about business stuff. But I hadn't heard Max's voice yet.

I like Max -as a friend, of course- he's funny,charming and he can erase the awkwardness from any situation which what I like the most about him. And I'll probably need him tonight because I'm the definition of awkward. But working as waitress has helped me a little with that.

After a while Mathew opened the door again and I smiled when I heard Max's voice.

I smiled at my masterpiece, the food looked perfect. I laid out the plates and forks and stuff then I put handkerchief on each plate before heading off to tell Mathew.

Thank God Mathew was still standing next to the kitchen talking to Max. I tapped on his shoulder and he turned.

"Dinner is ready" I smiled and he nodded.

"Okay, thanks" he said and I smiled. I went back to the kitchen and sit on stool.

They entered the dining room and I could see them talking and laughing together. Since there were only three women I assumed the two who sit next to Mathew's father were his stepmother and sister. While the other lady looked a lot like Max so I was sure she was his mom.

Mathew turned his head slightly and looked at me with a smile and I smiled back, they seemed pleased which made me feel proud of myself.

Suddenly my phone rang but I couldn't find it anywhere, not in my pockets nor on the counter.

Oh Gosh.....Oh God no, please no. I freaking left my phone on the dining table.

"Who's phone is that?" I gulped and stepped forward into the dining room.

"Mine" I smiled sheepishly.

"And who you might be?" The same woman asked.

"Lisa, that's my cook, Christine Adams" Mathew said and I nodded.

"Nice to see you all, sorry for the bother" I took my phone from next to Lisa.

She and her daughter glanced at me but I ignored them and smiled one last time before heading of the kitchen.

That's was really awkward as always. At least they liked the food.