chapter one

WARNING: this was my first taekook fanfiction and it was written in March 2017. So please expect some cringe, stereotypes and bad writing. Please don't think my writing now is still the same :)

Jungkook's P.O.V

Summer had gone by too quickly for my liking. Now, the clouds had returned to the sky and the wind grew colder as I walked to my dormitory. I slung my backpack on my shoulder when I walked inside the building. The weather had turned bad, it was raining and my hair was dripping wet. I looked at the piece of paper, which had ink smudges on it due the rain. 

Dorm 125a.  

I took the stairs to the second floor where I saw two familiar figures standing in the hallway. They were chatting happily and I saw Taehyung's eyes light up when he saw me approaching. He waved at me with all the enthusiasm in the world.

"Goodmorning hyungs." I smiled at them, putting on arm against to wall to lean my upper body against. 

"Goodmorning," Jimin piped up.

"Did you guys have a nice summer?", I asked. I noticed drops of water trailing down and shook my hair like a wet dog. I really hated rain.

"Those two months flew by like it was nothing;." Jimin sighed dramatically. "It sucks vacation's over, but at least I get to see you guys everyday again." He threw his arms around us. While Taehyung didn't mind, I tried to wriggle out of Jimin's grasp. 

"I should go unpack", I said too quickly to my liking, hoping I hadn't offended Jimin.

There was no trace of hurt on his face. "Sure! Let's meet up tonight for dinner".

"That sounds great", I said, already walking away slowly. When I was almost at my dorm I heard footsteps behind me, seemingly running at a fast pace.

"Wait Jungkook!"

It was Taehyung. I stopped in my tracks so he could walk by my side. He threw his arm around my shoulder, making me clench my teeth. The contact was soon broken as I shrugged him off. "Remember how we tried to decide the roommates at the end of last school year?"

I nodded, remembering quite well that I was matched alone because everyone had found someone already. I had only joined their group since last year seeing as I skipped a grade. I didn't mind, I completely understood they were better friends and wanted to share a room.

Namjoon was matched with Seokjin. Jimin with Yoongi. Taehyung with Hoseok. And then there was me, matched with an unknown person the school would pick for me. 

The group apologized a hundred times, even volunteering to share a room with a stranger, but I told them it was fine. I was used to being alone. I left all my old friend behind by skipping a grade.

"Hoseok got offered a Phd position at another univeristy so he won't be sharing a room with me which means I'll be your roommate!" He grinned but it soon faltered. "If you want to, of course. I don't want to push myself on you! I mean it's totally cool if you want to have another roommate. It'll be hard to change it though, because everyone is already getting settled in their dorms but-"

"Tae, it's fine. I'd love to share a room with you, rather than with a stranger", I interrupted his rambling. His eyes went doe like, "Really? Yes!" He clapped his hands happily. I shook my head, Tae's childlikeness was endless. I tried to turn the doorknob but it wouldn't budge.

"Ah, wait, I still have your keys." he handed me a key. "I already unpacked my things. I hope you don't mind I took the right side of the room". 

I opened the door, revealing a small room with two beds and two desks in between. There was a little bathroom with a shower and a sink across of Taehyung's bed.

"You're soaking wet, let me grab a towel", Taehyung suddenly said as we walked inside. Before I could even protest he was drying my hair. The close contact made me mildly freak out. I didn't like it whenever people would come in my comfort zone. Taehyung and Jimin were the worst with comfort zones, they gave no attention to personal space. They were touchy and cuddly. I liked to keep a distance or I'll get nervous.

I took a step back and grabbed the towel. "I'll do the rest myself, thanks Tae." He smiled and went to sit on his bed.

"I'm really excited for this year." He laid down sighing. "Parties, lots of new girls, sharing a room with one of my best friends. Can it get any better?"

"Who would thought college would make you this excited?" I answered which made him chuckle.

It didn't excite me, though. Parties was a no.

Girls were a big no.

Those make me the most nervous.