Chapter Ten | Sexual Tension

I woke up alone as usual, but considering I slept in until eleven in the morning, I knew I couldn't be mad at Matteo for leaving. He was probably doing something with that Alpha Noel guy. So in my state of lonesome, I simply held Matteo's pillow against myself until I was practically suffocating in his heavenly scent.

I forced myself to get out of bed so that no one would question why I was waking up at noon. I didn't have any other answer besides that I just really love to sleep. I'm one of those rare breeds of people that go to bed early and won't wake up until I smell lunch. I don't have a problem with it, but everyone else seems to for some reason.

I headed straight for Matteo's Jesus-shower after I had forced myself out of his bed. Growing up, I'd always been a night showerer. I couldn't help but use Matteo's shower every chance I got, though. It's definitely my favorite part of living in the pack house. Sleeping with Matteo comes in a close second, but if I could marry a shower, I would marry this one. It truly was made for Jesus. From there, I wasted a whole other hour singing the United States' National Anthem about thirteen times at the top of my lungs.

"Hey, hobo." Jack nudged my shoulder.

"Oh, hey," I chimed as I finished putting cream cheese on my bagel. "Want one?" I smiled just as Daniella walked into the kitchen. The look of 'what the actual heck is going on?' on Jack's face was extremely evident. His brows were pulled together, and his normal smile was replaced by just a flat line. "What?"

"Are you feeling okay?" He questioned as his eyes scanned over my entire body.

"Am I feeling okay?" I repeated not entirely sure if I heard him correctly. He brought his hand up to my forehead and held his palm to it.

"Yeah. Do you get extremely friendly and generous when you're ill?" He asked as I swatted away his hand.

"Can't I just offer a friend a bagel?" I questioned with a laugh. Immediately, Jack shook his head.

"No, not you. You just called me your friend, and you're laughing. Are you positive you're okay?" By this point, Jack seemed to be panicking. For what reason? I had no idea. He was acting like I'd never been generous a day in my life. I'll admit, last time he called me a hobo, I ended up sucker punching him, but I was in a pretty good mood today.

"Jack, I'm fine," I assured just for Daniella to pipe in.

"You and Teo bang last night or something?" She asked lazily as she bit into an apple.

"I wish," I mumbled to myself, taking a bite of my bagel.

"What?" Jack asked not hearing what I had said.

"Nothing, nothing," I quickly covered. A loud laugh erupted from Daniella which just confused Jack even more. It was times like these when I wasn't sure if Jack was seventeen or twenty-five. I could honestly see him being anywhere within there. He had a very interesting character. Some days he was mature and well put together, and other days, he was—well—Jack.

"So, what happened?" Daniella finally asked obviously knowing my abnormally peppy mood was due to Matteo. I just shrugged and bit into my bagel.

"Wait, something happened?" Jack chimed in just now getting the hint that my sudden change in character wasn't due to an attack on my immune system. His eyes grew about three sizes, and his mouth made an 'O' shape. "Did the sexual tension finally hit it's peak?"

"Oh my gosh!" I groaned out. "We just cuddled. That's it!" I stated in exasperation. Jack seemed happy about this news. He was the one pushing me to give Matteo a chance and try to get over the whole 'Alpha title' this entire time. Daniella just seemed bored.