48| ron gets popular

"Have you gone mad? Have you seen the way he looks at girls? All he wants to do is snog you."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"So, tell me Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked Cormac, who sat across from me.

I continued to play around with my ice cream with my spoon, but I never actually ate it. I don't know why, but I haven't been hungry for the past few days. It must be the stress and anxiety I'm getting.

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister from Magic over the holidays." Cormac replied, smirking.

"Well, be sure to give them both my best." He said and smiled. "What about you, Miss Granger? What does your family do in the muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists." She said, slightly shyly. "They tend peoples teeth."

I looked over at Hermione, and shot her a confused look.

Dentists? What are dentists?

I think everyone around me was thinking the same thing because we all shot each other confused looks.

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" Slughorn asked her, looking quite intrigued.

"No. Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed 10 stitches." She said, giggling.

The door then opened, revealing Ginny Weasley, who walked in shyly. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her face was pale. I could tell she tried to cover it with makeup, but she failed to do so.

"Ah, Miss Weasley. Come in, come in." Slughorn said, waving her over to the table.

"Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again, her and Dean." Hermione whispered to Harry.

"Sorry, I'm not usually late." She said, shyly taking a seat at the table.

"No matter. You're just in time for dessert, that is, if Belby's left you any." Slughorn said, chuckling.

Hermione nudged my stomach, which sort of hurt.

"Ow." I said and rubbed my side. "What?"

Hermione jerked her head forward. I followed her gaze, which lead me to Cormac. He was licking ice cream off his finger, rather seductively.

I could tell Hermione was very uncomfortable, but I wasn't. I mean, Cormac wasn't bad looking. But he wasn't as good as Draco. Not even close.