Breaking News

Lauren was home alone. Her parents and sister were away at her brother's volleyball game a few hours away and were stopping at her grandmother's house on the way home. She was laying in bed reading a book when she got a call from her girlfriend asking her to come over.

She got changed and quickly walked out of her house and over to Camila's. Lauren rang the doorbell. Sinu opened the door and smiled at the neighbor girl, "Hola, mija." She smiled at the younger girl and hugged her tightly. "Karla is in her room." She said.

"Thank you." Lauren said, smiling as she returned Sinu's hug. She thought it was weird that Camila's mom hugged her, but shook it off quickly. She took her shoes off and walked downstairs to Camila's room. "Camila?" Lauren asked.

Camila was surprised at how well her father took the news. If anything, he might have shed a tear or two. He would deny it but Camila saw it. She heard the faint sound of the doorbell and not even a minute later she heard footsteps on the stairs.

"I'm in here." She said as she heard her girlfriend's calm voice. She was looking in the mirror and her body. She hadn't noticed it before, but she did have a small bump. It was barely noticeable but Camila could see it, either that or her mind was playing tricks on her. She placed her hand on her stomach and sighed. She turned her head and smiled softly, walking over to her bed to lay down. "Hey, babe."

Lauren continued walking into Camila's room. She took off her sweatshirt before climbing onto her girlfriend's bed. She smiled at Camila and leaned down to kiss her softly, "Hi." She said as she brushed her finger tips over Camila's cheek. Lauren smiled as she looked at her girlfriend. She was happy to see her. "I thought I wasn't going to see you until Friday after school." She said as she gently ran her hands over her girlfriend's body in a loving way.

Camila wondered how happy Lauren would be after she found out she'd be parent. She took Lauren's hand and laced them together. "You love me, right?" She whispered.

Lauren looked down at her and Camila's fingers as they joined together. She brought her girlfriend's hand to her lips and kissed it gently. She looked at Camila confused and nodded, "I do love you."

"No matter what happens?" Camila was scared. She could actually feel herself shaking. 

"You're scaring me, Camila." Lauren said as she separated their hands and sat up looking at the girl. She felt her heart sink into her stomach as Camila confessed that she had to tell her something.

"Because I have to tell you something and... I don't want you to leave me." She wrapped her arms around Lauren to give her a hug.

"O-okay." She said as she waited for her girlfriend to say it. She felt Camila's arms wrap around her waist. Lauren loosely wrapped her arm around Camila's shoulder. "Please just tell me. You're scaring me."

Camila pulled away from Lauren and looked her in the eyes. "I um..." She had to say it. She could feel it right on the tip of her tongue. She had to show her mom the test and her mother had to tell her father. She hadn't said the word 'pregnant' yet. She was afraid it would make it real.

"I... I'm pregnant..." She whispered. She moved away from Lauren to gauge her reaction. And she wanted Lauren to make the next move. She prayed that Lauren wasn't going to leave her. "I'm... scared, Laur," her voice cracked, "I... I took three tests and... they were all positive. I'm pregnant and it's your child."

Lauren waited patiently as Camila was gathering the words that she needed to say. She looked at Camila and urged her to continue. "What?" She asked, completely shocked. Her arm fell from around Camila, feeling her whole body just tense up. Lauren was completely shocked. She had no words. She looked at the wall ahead of her as her mind raced. She brought a hand up to rub her face as she though about it. "I--what? H-how?" She shook her head as she realized how stupid that sounded, "Nevermind, I know how." She looked at her girlfriend still in complete shock. "I-it's mine? You--you're pre-" She swallowed the lump in her throat, "Pregnant." She squeaked out.