Milestones

Camila was getting bigger now. She was eating for two and was thankful that her girlfriend still thought she was beautiful, though she didn't feel it most days. She had her hand on her upper stomach, just above the bump as she watched the movie she had picked out. She looked over at Lauren and curled into her slightly, her back resting against Lauren's side.

Lauren was laying behind Camila and when she felt the girl move closer, she rolled on her side and wrapped her arm around Camila, holding her closely. Her girlfriend had been getting visibly larger over the last few weeks, and she thought Camila was as beautiful as ever...even more so now that she was carrying their child. She let a small smile cascade over her face as Camila pushed further back into her.

"I was thinking of a place for the baby... you know that room that's over there? The one that dad wanted to use as a shop area before I decided to move down here?" Camila said as she pointed towards the room next to the TV. "I think it would be perfect."

Lauren was starting to relax completely and even getting close to falling asleep. She hummed when she heard her girlfriend talk, keeping her eyes closed still. She nodded her head as she kissed Camila's shoulder, "Mhm. That would be good." She said softly as she moved her hand to rest on top of Camila's on her stomach, lacing their fingers together.

Camila chuckled, knowing that her girlfriend was trying to sleep. She knew that Lauren had been working extremely hard lately between school, practices, and lessons. But the younger girl couldn't help that she was restless. "Problem is, the room is full of junk that needs to be cleared out..." She bit down on her lower lip.

"Maybe you and I could go through the stuff and clear the room out? I mean... we kind of have to do it anyway before the baby gets here. Maybe we can do that this coming weekend?" just as Camila finished, she felt something a little weird. It caused her to shoot up. It felt like something was moving around in her stomach. "Laur..." That was a weird feeling and it made her... happy.

Lauren closed her eyes, teetering on the edge of sleep, as she listened to her girlfriend keep talking. She was used to it with Camila. The girl could talk and talk, and she would always listen and keep her eyes closed. She nodded her head and hummed again, "Mhm. I don't have anything happening this weekend other than the usual morning practice and a couple lessons." Lauren said softly as she cuddled closer to Camila and sighed softly.

The hockey player let out a groan as Camila sat up quickly. She rolled onto her back and covered her eyes with her arm, "Are you okay?" She asked softly as she tiredly opened her eyes and looked up at her girlfriend, "What?" She asked as she moved closer to Camila and rested her head in her lap, just wanting to sleep.

Camila placed her hand on her stomach and cleared her throat. "I think the baby is kicking." She said softly, feeling tears starting to brim in her eyes. She leaned against the headboard and closed her eyes. "This feels weird..." She whispered.

Lauren kept her head in Camila's lap as she listened to her girlfriend some more. "Really?" She asked tiredly as she pulled her head back and looked up at Camila.

The younger girl took Lauren's hand and placed it on her stomach. Just as she did, the baby kicked again. Camila could feel it but knew that Lauren would need some help. "Right here... Just give it a second." The kicking stopped momentarily. "You'll really have to pay attention..." After a few seconds, the kicking resumed. "Did you feel that, babe?"

Lauren smiled softly to her girlfriend as Camila took her hand and put it on her stomach. She gently ran her thumb over it as she waited. Lauren felt it a few moments later. She felt her heart being to race and her body filling with emotion.