thirty-one - offline

"Adym! Open the fucking door!" I yelled.

Right before my fist hit the door another time it swung open, revealing Adym. He was shirtless, in only a pair of baggy sweatpants. A sleepy expression was on his face.

"Why haven't you answered any of my calls?" I asked as I walked into his apartment. I gave him a quick kiss.

"Sorry," he yawned. "I was asleep."

"I can see that." I giggled. "Want me to make you breakfast?"

"Could you? I'd love that." He yawned again and sat down on a stool at the large island in his kitchen.

After a few minutes the delicious aroma of food had filled the apartment. I had made pancakes, bacon, and eggs, pretty much the only things I knew how to make. "Eat up." I told him. I watched as he practically inhaled the food. After he was done he put the dishes in the sink and washed them quickly.

"So what do you wanna do?" He asked when he was done. "Why did you come over?"

"We need to talk," I said. "I was face-timing with Archer and-"

"Archer? You still talk to that guy?" He asked with an unreadable expression on his face.

"He's one of my best friends Adym. He's like a brother to me." At those words his unreadable expression morphed into a relieved one.

"So what'd he say?" Adym asked.

"Well," I began. " He said that he doesn't think our relationship makes sense. He thinks we need some DTR, and personally, so do I."

"What the hell does DTR mean?"

"Determine the relationship. In other words, what the hell are we? We have sex and we have fun, but is it just a fling or something more?"

Adym sighed and fell back onto his couch as he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know what you want me to say Dillon. You know I love you, and you know I'm in love with you. Whatever you want, I'll be fine with. The last time we were in a relationship, everything was cheesy and fake. I don't want that. I want us to be real."

I stared at Adym as I pondered his words. I'd never realized it, but every single time I'd started or ended a relationship, the entire world had been there to witness it. I loved my fans, but sometimes I just wanted to spend time out of the spotlight. I don't want my life or my relationships to be under constant scrutiny. Maybe it was time for a change.

"I want us to be together Adym." I began. "We don't have to be the perfect couple, we don't even have to be a couple. I just want us to be us." I said. 

As long as I had Adym, I didn't really need anything else. I don't need anyone giving me their two cents about our relationship, because we don't have to use any labels or follow anyone's rules about relationships. We are who we are. We have what we have. I really don't care about what anyone else thinks.

"Then let's just have a low key relationship. No cute Instagram posts, no tweets, no videos. Nothing unnecessary. Let's just be us, okay?" He asked. I approached him on the couch and straddled him.

"Absolutely. Let's just be low key." I murmured. Our lips met, and I knew that this was where I wanted to be. Here, with Adym, just being us.

He peppered me with kisses on my cheeks, my lips, my chin, and my neck. "I fucking love you." He murmured.

My mouth stretched into a grin. "I fucking love you too."