Chapter 8

I stared down at the city that I once lived in from my place on Master's window sill, holding one of its pillows against my body as I watched the moon take over the sky

Master dropped me off after dinner, leaving me to my own accord. He told me I could do whatever I wanted while he was gone as long as I didn't break anything or disorganize his workspace.

He said something about a meeting with Lord Bronwyn.

Luckily he decided not to take me with him.

Lord Bronwyn has been the Lord of this city even before my parents were born, and I really didn't want to have to meet him.

Master probably knew that I would have been a nervous wreck if he made me go with him.

I jumped as the door flew open.

"Pet!" Master yelled as he stomped into the room, slamming the door behind him.

My eyes went wide as he spoke.

He's never called me that before.

His footsteps echoed through the room as he stormed towards his desk.

His body was tense as his eyes searched the room.

I shrunk back as soon as his eyes met with mine, holding the pillow closer as if it would protect me from anything.

"Y-Yes?"

I could tell that he was mad, it was written all over his face. That and a bit of annoyance.

Apparently the meeting didn't go very well?

He sat down into his desk chair as his fingers drummed against the armrest.

"Come here." He commanded, his emerald eyes trapping mine.

A new kind of fear rushed through my body as I froze in place for a second.

I tried to mentally prepare myself for what he would do to me.

Angry Masters usually lead to damaged pets.

Still, I followed his order, slowly pushing myself off of the window sill and taking quick steps towards him.

He held a slight glare as he watched my movements like he was waiting for me to do something wrong.

He continued his stare as I stood in front of him.

I squeal escaped me when I felt his hands on my waist before I found myself sitting on his lap.

His grip was tight even though he was only holding me for a split second.

A list of possible outcomes of what would happen to me flew through my head as I sat back against his hard chest.

Even when sitting he still towered over me.

Master grumbled lowly to himself as the chair turned towards the desk.

He hunched down so that his head sat near my shoulder, dangerously close to my neck.

I couldn't move away.

I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat, clenching my hands into fists in an act to stop myself from shaking.