fourteen

disclaimer; this chapter contains drug references.

h a r r y

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Lola backs away from me abruptly, a faint colour rising to her cheeks in embarrassment. I turn my head to see his body motioning closer to myself and the blue eyed girl, his two moron friends following closely behind him. I clench my fists tightly, anger bursting inside me.

Niall clicks his tongue as he narrows his eyes at us on the grass below him, holding a soccer ball under his right arm as his teasing smirk leaves my bones shaking in anger. Lola stands to her feet and cleans the strands of grass from her body, motioning for me to follow with a nod of her head and longing in her eyes.

"We're leaving." She mumbles.

I stand to my feet, my frame tall compared to the three arrogant males that settled merely metres away. I could see the faint bruise still against Niall's left eye even from here, the crooked cut against his nose, and that left finger of his still in the white cast, providing amusement to erupt in me as a cocky grin forms on my lips.

"How's the nose, Horan?" His eyes narrow.

"Harry," Lola begs. "Cmon."

I take a stride forward, ignoring her blue eyes that pleaded with each worry line in her forehead. He still wore his soccer jersey, mud stains over the green and blue material. His two friends zone in on me as I move closer to the blonde haired boy, of course I was outnumbered but they knew I had size and strength over them any day as their harsh stares burned into my skin.

I smirked. "I thought I told you to fuck off."

Niall cocks an eyebrow. "Free country."

"Harry?" Lola quakes. "Let's go."

I disregard her implore, balling my fists until my knuckles turned white and my fingernails dug into my skin. "Don't forgot what I told you, Horan."

His demeanour dims. "Fine," he grits. "But don't you forget what I told you, Styles." Niall shoots me an arrogant smile, glancing to Lola momentarily before he steps backwards, his lackeys mimicking the action as his pale blue eyes watch us.

"Say hi to Louis for me, Lola." Niall announces, causing a resonate of chuckles to echo in the cold air. I can feel the atmosphere grow heavy as Lola hears those words, I puff out a frustrated sigh as the boys walk away, running my fingers through my hair as I turn back to Lola.

Her eyes rested on the ground beneath her, glassy and sore as she sighs. "What was that all about, Harry?" Her head raises with the air, blinking back tears. "What did you tell him?"

I step forward. "Lola, it's nothing to concern yourself with I promise." Her bottom lip is bitten into as my body moves closer and closer, inches separate us and I feel her breath elevate with my presence. My heart thumps as I let my finger slip under her chin, tilting her head to look at me with those bright blue eyes. "Promise." I let my head dance with her breath, reeling in as I ghost my lips over hers before pressing them to her sweet mouth for a short, passionate kiss.

"Harry?" Lola breaths as we pull apart. "Thank you." Her eyes blink back tears as she gazes up at me.

Deep down I knew what she was thankful for, questions certainly floated in my mind but as I looked into her blue soul I realised she was thanking me; for me. When our worlds tangled, we danced with the stars and the moon on a crisp, enchanting night with passion in our hearts. I knew she was thankful for that, for me igniting her universe and painting colours across the grey skies in her misguided life. She thanked me for the brightness in her once dull stars, the colour in her new horizon and the dripping passion in her galaxy that she had forgotten about long ago. She thanked me for igniting her bones and soul, creating this world full of glowing kisses and blue skies.