92

Natalia soon woke up and she found herself in her quarters, she got up and focused on her surroundings, "Anakin, I can sense you." Natalia said, "Oh thank goodness. You're awake." Anakin said in relief, "Natalia, are you okay?" He asked, Natalia nodded. "I'm just really tired." She said with a light laugh, "That's understandable." Anakin laughed with her. "What's going to happen to me?" She asked, suddenly getting really serious. "Don't worry Nat, nothing's going to happen to you. You're just going to be put on duty suspension but that'll give you some time to spend with your Padawan." Anakin replied, "Oh thank goodness." Natalia said in relief, but she could sense something more. "There's something else, isn't there?" She asked, Anakin nodded. "We got Ahsoka, and she's been expelled from the Order." Anakin said quietly, she shot up and her mouth was slightly ajar. "On who's order?!" Natalia asked loudly, Anakin remained quiet, "Tarkin." He said quietly, this caused Natalia to boil over in anger. "That's it." She said, she got up and put her Jedi uniform on. "Where are you going?" He asked, "To find Tarkin." She replied. "No you're not! You've caused enough problems! We don't need a dead Captain!" Anakin shouted, but Natalia wouldn't listen. "I'm already suspended, what more could happen?" Natalia replied, she walked out of her room and went to Ahsoka's cell, where Tarkin was waiting for the trial to start. 

"Tarkin!" Natalia yelled, he turned around and looked at her, "Yes, General?" He asked, hiding his slight fear of her. "I've been informed you got Padawan Tano expelled from the Order?" Natalia asked him, "Why yes, she did murder someone and she needs to be put under Republic trial." Tarkin said, Natalia exhaled and glared at him. "This isn't your bloody business, she did not murder anyone, you just can't stand her or the Jedi." Natalia said darkly, "Where's your evidence? You Jedi are biased and unfair in trial, there was no other way. You're an example of a weak minded Jedi, just like the others you're reckless and useless." Tarkin said, this caused Natalia to grow angry. "Why you scruffy looking, son of a blaster... Nerfherder!" She yelled at him, he just rolled his eyes, "Grow up." He said while looking her in the eyes. Natalia clenched her fists as Tarkin continued to insult the Jedi. "She's going to be executed just like the rest of you should be." He hissed at her, Natalia did something unthinkable, she pulled her arm back and her knuckles landed on the side of his face, he stumbled back and Natalia shook her hand in pain, "God you're bony." She said, clone troopers came flooding and one of them grabbed Natalia, "Stand down!" He said, "Yeah yeah I know, let go of me." She said, she pushed him back and ran back to Anakin. "What did you do?! Why are the clones so angry?!" Anakin asked her, "I kind of punched Tarkin in the face." Natalia said with a gulp, Anakin just slapped himself in the face, "Natalia, you need to control your violence." He said, Natalia just sighed and walked into her quarters as Anakin contacted Obi-Wan. "You might want to talk to Natalia." He said.

Obi-Wan walked into Natalia's room and saw her sitting on the floor, "Natalia, why did you punch Captain Tarkin?" He asked her, "He insulted me and the Jedi Order, and I guess my anger got the best of me." Natalia explained. Obi-Wan sighed, "The trial is starting, you can either come or stay here. I'd advise you to stay here and cool down." Obi-Wan said, Natalia nodded. "I'll stay here." She said, "Or you can help Master Sinube train the Younglings." Obi-Wan suggested, her eyes lit up at the thought of training children. "I'll do it." She said with a smile, "Okay, have fun." He said, Natalia nodded and she got up and headed outside to where the Younglings and Master Sinube were waiting. "We were told you'd come." He said, she smiled and greeted the children, "Hello, I'm Master Schulter." She said with a smile, "Master Schulter!" Katooni said excitedly, she ran up to her and hugged her, Petro also ran up to her. "Petro! Katooni! It's good to see you again, how has your training been?" Natalia asked them, she crouched down and they engaged in conversation. "Master Schulter! Look up there!" Petro yelled, she pointed up to two Jedi engaging in a lightsaber battle. "Anakin!" She gasped, she jumped up to them and also started fighting the rogue Jedi. "Barriss! How could you?!" She yelled at her, they jumped from the roof and continued fighting, "You're a traitor!" She yelled, Natalia used the Force to take the lightsabers away from her and she was defeated.

Anakin shook his head as the Temple guards grabbed her. "Hello." He said to the Younglings as they walked inside, "I'll see you guys around." Natalia said as she walked beside Anakin. "What just happened?" She asked Anakin, "Padawan Offee here admits she set Ahsoka up." Anakin said angrily, Natalia sighed as they ran to the trial moments before the Chancellor was going to make a choice. "Wait!" Natalia shouted, everything stopped and everyone looked at Natalia and Anakin. "We have the real culprit!" Anakin shouted, Natalia walked behind him and shoved Barriss up front. "Barriss is this true?" Ahsoka asked. Barriss' speech was breathtaking.

"I did it because I've come to realize what many people in the Republic have come to realize: That the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war. That we've lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict. That we are the ones that should be on trial - all of us! And my attack on the Temple was on what the Jedi have become, an army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the light that we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time." She said, the Jedi and the Republic were stunned to silence. "Take her away!" The Chancellor said angrily, Natalia stood there rethinking every decision she had ever made. "Natalia? Are you okay?" Anakin whispered, Natalia stayed silent.

She believed Barriss, because she was dead right.