2. You're Undead To Me

"Emily, wake up! EMILY!" This is how I was waked up. By a lunatic Elena shaking me, while screaming in my ear. "Jenna is making breakfast, and you need to get ready for school. If you don't, you are going to be late. How is it that you are the last one awake in this house?"

"Well, I thought I set my alarm, but I guess I didn't. Wait, let me check." As I grabbed my phone, I bursted out laughing.

"What? What's so funny? Emily!" Elena asked.

I finally regained my composure. "So turns out I didn't set my alarm. I guess I was just too tired last night, and when I grabbed my phone instead of pressing clock, I must've pressed calculator..." I held out my phone for her to see the calculator with 630 typed into it.

She also laughed. "Only you, Emily, could do something like that. The rest of us are smarter than that."

"How dare you insult my intelligence? I am shocked! Our relationship will never be the same. I will never be the same."

"Speaking of never being the same. Guess who I walked into, brushing their teeth in the bathroom with nothing but a thin shirt and underwear on?"

"I don't need to hear you and Stefan's sexual life. Especially not this early in the morning."

"EM! Not Stefan and me! It was Vicki."

That got my full attention and I jumped up. "You and Vicki?! Well, wait until Stefan hears this!"

"Can't you just be serious for once?"

"Serious isn't in my vocabulary."

She just rolled her eyes. "Jeremy and Vicki, you dumbass."

"Oh, you are cussing now? O God. I knew his day would come. Where's Jenna? It's time to talk about the birds and the bees now."

"Emily Anne Gilbert, you will be the death of me."

"I've missed hearing those words out of your mouth. You used to say it every day. My daily mission is complete."

"Your daily mission is for me to say that you will be the death of me?"

"It brings happiness to my life."

"You're weird."

"Well, that was rude.

"I'm just stating the obvious."

"Oh, Elena. I am hurt!" I said placing my hand over my heart.

"Anyway back to Jeremy and Vicki. Together."

"Well, looks like Jenna already gave him the talk."

"Ok, I'm done speaking to you about this. Don't forget the car wash fundraiser is tomorrow. You are on Caroline duty. Don't let her out of your sight," Elena ordered.

"Yes, ma'am." I gave her a little salute.

She rolled her eyes. I got ready for the day and went downstairs to talk to Aunt Jenna. "Finally, you are awake. I thought you were dead."

"I feel like it constantly."

"Wow, dark. Anyways, how do you like your eggs?"

"Hmmmmm. I like my eggs... in a cake." Jenna gave me a look. "I'm being perfectly honest with you. Anyways, are you aware of what is going on upstairs?"

"Uh huh."

"And you have no objection?"

"He could be craftier about it. At least make an effort to sneak her in and out," Jenna said stiffly.