98

Anakin ran to a speeder and sped toward the Senate Building, leaving Natalia in the Council room with her freshly born child. "Shh Hope, it's okay." Natalia reassured her. Rex came running in a hurry, "General! What is going on, are you okay?!" Rex asked as he crouched down, he took off his helmet and looked at the baby girl. "She has Skywalker's eyes." Rex commented, Natalia nodded. Natalia closed her eyes and focussed on Hope's Force connection, it was already very strong. Suddenly Rex got a message from the Chancellor, "The time has come, Captain. Execute Order 66." He said, Rex looked a Natalia with a look of fear in his eyes, "You need to run, very far." Rex said. She heard blasts coming from the hallways, "Come on." Rex whispered, the two jumped out of the window and launched their cable jumpers and crawled down the Temple, Natalia was still holding her newborn child.

They reached the bottom and ran somewhere somewhat safe. "Rex! Take her far away from here!" Natalia yelled as more clones came their way, "General, what's going on?!" Rex asked as he held onto the young crying girl, "I fear the Republic has been dissolved, a new era is beginning, Captain." Natalia said as she handed him her lightsaber, "You must keep her safe, she's the last of the Jedi! Give her the lightsaber when she's old enough." She said as she started to run.

"What's her name?" Rex asked as he took a step back, "Her name's Hope." She said, he ran as fast as he could and never looked back. That was the last time Natalia saw Rex and Hope. She swallowed her tears and ran to Padmé's apartment. "Padmé." Natalia said as she hugged onto her tightly, tears fell from her eyes and onto the floor. "Where's Anakin?" Natalia asked, "He told me he was to go to Mustafar. For an important mission, what's happening?" Padme asked, she was very afraid. "Padmé, all of the Jedi have been wiped out by the clones. It's really bad. We've been betrayed." Natalia said. "Come on, we must go to Mustafar to make sure Anakin is safe." Natalia said. Padmé nodded and they ran to her ship. Natalia could sense a familiar presence but ignored it and watched as Padmé and Threepio flew the ship, she leaned forward and put her head in her hands and tears began to fall from her eyes.

Every single one of her Jedi friends were dead, her entire family was wiped out. In one second. Her brothers, her sisters, and possibly her husband. The disturbance in the Force was so great that it sent waves of heartache and pain through her. She closed her eyes as the lives of her fellow Jedi Knights flashed before her eyes, their delicate lives ended in a moment. And she found it disgusting and evil.

"We're on Mustafar, Natalia." Padmé said sadly. Natalia nodded and ran out of the ship to find Anakin. Padmé followed behind her but stayed on the landing strip, to make sure she came back. "Where is Natalia?" Anakin asked Padmé as he ran down the strip. "I'm so glad you're safe, Ani. I thought you died, there had been whispers you turned to the dark side, but those aren't true, are they?" Padme asked. Anakin had a look of evil in his eyes, so evil that it could kill. "I did what was right for my new Empire, Padmé. Now tell me where she is." Anakin said darkly. "I don't know where she is." Padmé lied. And Anakin knew she was lying.

"Liar!" He yelled, he lifted his hand and she began choking, she held onto her throat as tears fell down her face, "Let her go, Anakin." Obi-Wan said from Padmé's ship. Anakin glared at Obi-Wan and let Padmé go, she fell to the ground, unconscious. Natalia ran up from behind Anakin, she watched the whole thing. "Anakin?" She whispered.

"Natalia!" Anakin said, his voice full of relief, "I was so worried you were killed." Anakin said as he placed a hand on her cheek, but she pushed it off. "You lied to me. You refused to tell me Palpatine killed my mother." Natalia said as she glared at him. "I only did it to protect you, to protect you from the truth and from him. I did this all to protect you." Anakin yelled.

"So what you're saying is you never told me the truth?! You lied to me the entire time." Natalia yelled at Anakin, he looked at her in shock. "I did this for my new Empire, for the galaxy. Join me and we could be so powerful." Anakin pleaded, he grabbed her hand but she pulled it out of his hand. "No, Anakin. Not only did you betray me and impregnate my best friend. But you betrayed the Order and killed your entire family! I fight for the Republic! For democracy, Anakin!" Natalia yelled, and for the last time she turned her back on him.

"Anakin I thought you loved and respected me, but I guess I thought wrong." Natalia said with tears falling from her eyes. The sound of a lightsaber buzzed in her ears as his lightsaber pierced her abdomen, she screamed in agony as he pulled it out, leaving a burning hole in her stomach. She fell over and Anakin caught her. Obi-Wan screamed at the death of his former apprentice.

"I did love you, but you ruined me."