04

September 10, 2004

There were two unoccupied seats left in class. One on the rear part of the room and one near the window on the right. Ailee took the seat beside the window.

I also went to take the seat on the back.

It was weird because when I passed by the boy sitting in front of me, I thought something tugged my hair.

After I occupied the chair, the two girls who sat either side of me suddenly leaned their body frames towards my desk.

"Boksung, right?" the girl on my left said.

"You heard her already, so stop asking!" the other girl on my right scolded, then she turned to me with a smile, "It's nice to meet you, Boksung. I'm Hyeri."

I was surprised by the sudden approach and I didn't know how to react because it was the first time that someone initiated a conversation with me first other than my family.

The girl on my left tapped my shoulder, causing me to shift my attention into her.

"It's nice for me to meet you, too, Boksung. Call me Clara," she smiled.

I forced myself to recover from astonishment and quickly replied, "I-it's nice to meet you, too!"

"Hey," the boy sitting in front of me abruptly spoke and turned to us with a serious frown, "can you please keep it down? You're disturbing me."

I immediately shut my mouth while the girls stuck their tongues out at him when he wasn't looking anymore.

"That's Hoseok," Clara whispered, "Be careful not to associate yourself with him."

"Why?"

"He messes with everyone and pranks the kids anytime he wants," Hyeri answered.

And that's when I realized.

That a piece of bubblegum was stuck on my hair.

The guy named Hoseok secretly turned and glanced at me

and snickered.