20; red wine

YOU'RE A LITTLE
HEARTBREAKER

❝ YOU'RE A LITTLE HEARTBREAKER ❞

She tugged at the ends of her black gloves. They were a cotton material, hugging her nimble fingers gently in the harsh autumn weather. The trees swayed, leaves swirling to the damp grounds outside the Alexandria houses. She was sat with her back against the oak tree, her jeans dirtying due to the pebbles below her. Her knees were pulled up to her chest, chin resting on her arm. She closed her eyes, hoping her dad would return home soon.

Negan had made her hot chocolate. They drank it together at the island inside her old house, as he had ordered Olivia and Carl out. They didn't talk much, a few sly remarks from Negan, but other than that, he just sat and stared. She stared back as they drank. When they finished, he told her she could do whatever she'd like, so she trailed out back to the large oak tree and sat. She imagined her nose was a bright red color, as there was nothing shielding her face from the savage, cold weather.

She saw somebody walking towards her at a rapid pace from the corner of her eye. His long, brown hair was unmistakeable. He sat down, his back against the other side of the tree, leaving a small gap between them. He stared at the large, rusted, red walls that shielded them from the outside, and then spoke up.

"You're lying," he tightened his jaw.

Vada narrowed her eyes, vexed. She was still mad at her little brother, but didn't want to fully ruin the time she had with him. "What are you talking about, Carl?"

"You're lying. You told dad he didn't do anything while you were there. He did." Carl's eyes flickered away from her, gazing at the dirt. He took a blade of grass between his two fingers and tugged at it, ripping it from the ground.

She paused, her lips parted, "is that why you tried to kill him?"

Carl didn't say anything. He squinted, staring at their house from a distance. She continued, pushing herself into the tree. "I told you, Carl. I can't believe you had the audacity. Do you know how stupid that was?"

"I wasn't worried," he shot back, finally looking his sister in the eye, "he likes us. Especially you."

Vada dropped her gaze to the ground. She wasn't going to protest, she knew he was right. But what could she say to that?

"That doesn't mean you go and gun down his men. Do you know what could have happened? Do you know what he's capable of?"

Carl's expression turned grim. "I've got an idea."

She sighed, flicking her tongue over the roof of her mouth. 'I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you, Carl. I- just, stop being so impulsive, please. Just, please do that for me?"