Imagine #3 (Undercover)

It was only your second month working at svu and you were already sent on an undercover investigation with your partner Carisi. You 2 had to stay at a motel for 3 days to catch a predator who preys on other men's girlfriends/wives. It was gonna be awkward sharing a room with your partner, especially since you kinda had feelings for him. You don't know what it was about him that made you fall in love so quickly. Maybe it was his thick staten island accent or his icy blue eyes but whatever it was you couldn't get enough of it.

It was the 1st day of the investigation. You were told to wear something a little more revealing to give that sex appeal to the predator who was the worker at the front desk. He would take peoples extra room keys, rape the girlfriends/wives and force the man to watch. You were told to wear tight black leggings, a see through v-neck and an extra strength push up bra. Not to mention the tons of makeup as well.

"You look just wow." Sonny said to you on the way into the motel lobby.

"I'm just wearing what I was told to. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this on my own time."

"Well I wouldn't mind if you did to be honest."

Your heart fluttered when those words came out of his mouth.

"He's probably only saying that because I look really slutty right now." You thought to yourself

You went to the front desk with Carisi and saw the suspect. You made sure to flirt with him a ton so he could get busted later on.

You got to your room to see that there was only 1 bed.

"Ah I'll sleep on the floor." Carisi offered

"I don't think that's a good idea, you'll probably catch some disease from sleeping on that carpet. Besides I don't really mind sharing the bed."

"Be warned though, I'm a cuddler."

"I am too so you better watch out." You said while laughing

"I'm gonna go and scope out the area, maybe see if he'll come in."

"Ok well I'll be in the shower. This place makes me feel disgusting." You said while walking into the bathroom

You waited till Sonny left and started playing music on your mini speaker to listen to while showering. You got kinda carried away and forgot that you weren't at home and started singing at the top of your lungs. A couple songs went by until you finally decided to get out.

"(Your favorite lyrics here)" You sang as you were drying off.

You put on a bathrobe and put your hair up in a towel as you walked out of the bathroom. You jumped when you saw Sonny sitting on the bed staring at you.

"How long have you been in here for?" You asked trying not to sound mad

"Only for like 2 songs. You never told me you could sing so well."

"Don't try to flatter me Carisi, you know I sound like a dying cat." You said while giggling

You forgot you were in only a bathrobe with nothing underneath and began to blush

"Oh! I should go and put on some real clothes." You said while quickly walking back to the bathroom

You slipped on a big old navy t-shirt and some pajama shorts. You opened the door and walked back to sit on the bed and began drying your hair with a towel.

"I wish there was a TV in here so we wouldn't be bored half to death for 3 days." Sonny said

"That's why i brought books! God knows the cell service in here is trash."

You started to put in your retainer. You hated wearing it because it made you feel like you were still in high school but if you wanted to keep your teeth straight you had to put up with it every night.

"You're still wearing a retainer at age 25?" Sonny said while laughing

"I have to wear it for the rest of my life if I wanna keep my teeth nice and straight."

"There are so many things I didn't know about you (Y/N)"

"Well, you never asked." You said shyly

You two began having loads of conversations about your childhoods, future plans, hobbies, etc. You started falling for him more and more after everything he told you about. You kept telling yourself that you shouldn't feel this way about him, he was your partner for God's sake! Any non work relationship with him would be too hard to manage.

A couple minutes later you two somehow managed to get on the topic of relationships.

"How long have you been single for (Y/N)?" Sonny asked

"Ah about 2 years now. It's hard for me to trust after my last relationship plus I've been super busy lately. My life has no room for dating right now. How about you?"

"It's been a long time, I've stopped counting the years now. My best guess would be after high school. Like you said, life is just too busy for dating right now."

You both sat in silence for a few seconds, staring into eachothers eyes. Examining every beautiful feature on his face until Sonny started snapping his fingers in your face.

"C'mon (Y/N), I know i'm a total hottie but you gotta keep talking to me. I'm getting bored just sitting here."

You blushed a little not really sure of what to say back. You looked around the room trying to find a way out of the situation when you saw the clock.

"It's getting pretty late, I think we should crash now." You said while looking at the bed sheets

"If you say so." Sonny said a little bit too happily

You layed down on your side and started to drift off to sleep when you suddenly felt Sonny's arm wrap around you. All you could do was smile and pretend that this wasn't an undercover investigation. You wished that every night was like this, it felt so good to be held by someone you loved for once.

Your thoughts were cut off when you heard Sonny say "I love you."

You froze, not really sure what to say back. You decided to just go with it.

"I love you too." You said while Sonny held you tighter.