Chapter 46: I'm Never Alone (Final Chapter)

Chapter 46:

I’m Never Alone

I curled into a ball. My face was damp from all the tears. My mind was spinning and my head was throbbing. I was shaking in fear and anxiety. Two people I love. Gone. Gone forever.

   I continually hit my arms against the concrete until I felt blood trace down my joints. I couldn’t feel the pain—emotional pain was all I felt. I screamed so loud that it echoed through the Academy. “Why?! WHY?!” I repeated crying out. Why? How can someone do this? How come someone with this much power be so evil?

   I felt hands travel under my arms and, with little strength, pulled me to my feet. I looked up and found myself staring into Shiki’s eyes. Those gorgeous eyes. The only thing which kept me sane right then and there.

   He pulled my arms away from me and cleared off some of the blood, having a quick taste as well. I feel into his chest and saw between his arm and body was my father lying down. Dead. I just stared, feeling no sympathy nor empathy. Good riddance. That jerk.

   Kaname and the other Vampires stood over my father’s body and some came over to us. My vision seemed to blur a bit and I suddenly felt heavy and tired. Shiki held me tightly and I felt Bane nuzzle at my knees. He knew what happened and he was so very distraught. He, once again, was alone. Alone...

Three days had past. Classes had returned to normal. The night class however were missing a few days of school as most were recovering from the battle. I still had to work night duty that night, along with Yuuki, Zero and Asuna. Not Kurando though… He was taken away from me again. Who knows if I’ll ever see him again? I think about him every day. And Aminta… she died. She and Bane were going to get married after this battle but Elvira had stolen that future away from them both. Bane had been a miserable wreck and was rarely seen. Only slowly wondering the Academy and no one tried to speak with him. I felt so dreadful about the whole thing. I lost a good friend and an old love. My chest was hurting and my mind told me to let it out and cry but how was that going to help anything? I felt horrible and crying would make it worse.

   Kaname had disposed of my father’s body. He didn’t deserve a funeral for what he did. He was hypocritical and tried to kill myself and Shiki. Calling me a putrid daughter... I don’t think he deserved my respect.

   I stared over one of the Academy’s balconies. I looked at the entrance gates and thought about leaving. I needed to go home. Mum needed me now. I would return but right now I needed to go home.

   “Hey.” Said Asuna coming to lean over the balcony next to me. “You feeling alright?”

   I just stared at her. “That’s a terrible question to ask.” I replied sulking.

   She looked down in shame, “Sorry. It’s just something nice to ask.”

   I nodded, “Thanks.” I thought for a moment, “Asuna.”

   She turned to me, “Yeah?”

   “I’m gonna go home for a while. Mum needs me.” I said.

   Asuna’s shoulders dropped and she looked up and smiled. “OK. But I want to come with you.”

   My eyes widened as she continued.

   “You don’t have to be alone this time and I need to get away from school too. Let me come with you.” She said.

   “Asuna…” I mumbled.

   She shook her head, “I insist.”

   I smiled at her, “Alright.” I finally said. “But we’ll come back soon after OK?” I told her.

   She nodded, “Sure.”

We turned around and saw Shiki and Takuma standing in the doorway.

   Shiki looked very sleepy and was leaning against Takuma, “You’re leaving?” He asked with a yawn.

   I nodded sadly, “Not for long though OK.” I told him. Takuma smiled at us.

   “Be safe. Shiki needs to stay here though.” Takuma said.

   Asuna began to blush at the sight of Ichijo, “I’ll look after her.”

   Takuma grinned at her and she had to look away.

   Shiki began to walk toward me, “Please return soon.” He said before bending over to kiss me softly. “I’ll miss you… and your blood.”

   I giggled, “Alright. I will.” I said giving him a long warm hug. I promise I’ll come back. I promise I’ll return.

Me and Asuna had our things packed and we were ready to leave by dawn. I was stopped at the front gate by Bane. He was wearing a long brown leather coat. He looked very dark and mysterious.

   “Yuna.” He began, “Promise me something. You’ll seek revenge with me?” Bane asked.

   I nudged Asuna to put my wheelie bag into the taxi as well as hers. She did so. “Oh… uh.”

   “Please. For Aminta. For Kurando.” He pleaded.

   I looked at the pain in his eyes. He wanted this woman to die. I didn’t know what to think though. So much was going through my mind…

   “OK. I promise.” I said giving him a hug of farewell. “I promise. For Terra too.”

   Bane stared at me in confusion, “Who?”

   I shrugged, “Don’t worry.” I said waving him off as I headed toward the Taxi with Asuna.

Alone... no one ever really is alone are they? Everywhere you go someone is there. Everyone shares the same air, same water, same sunlight. Yet the feeling of being alone... It’s so strong. I know... I know I’ll never be alone again. Never.

Goodbye Cross Academy. For now anyway. Goodbye Kurando… although I got this feeling that I might see you again… I promise I’ll see you again.

I promise.

The End

Guys thanks so much for reading this! You all are fabulous! I love you all so much! Writing this story was amazing and I loved reading your comments after every chapter. I hope you enjoyed every chapter and I hope you enjoy my other books I’ll continue to write in the future. Thanks again. You have made a difference to my life! You seriously have! I really appreciate everything!

Until next time J

~Yuna ♪♪