Chapter 05

CHAPTER 05

J A C K

Alpha Chris and his pack members went out of the cars but what was strange was I can smell that strong and fresh scent of flowers as if I was on a very vast garden field with colorful flowers, pulling me but there was no flowers there.

I stopped going up to the two-steps elevation up to the porch and glanced where the scent was coming when the other pack members, including alpha Chris, gave way and to my surprise, it was grandpa Eziel I saw on the last end and he was the one who had those pleasant smell that made me and my wolf feel excited.

I don't know what to do when our eyes met and I wasn't so sure if Eziel was really my mate. It felt like everything fell into places.

Was it the reason why he kept on bugging me all those years?

My heart beat faster when Eziel took a step forward towards me and I felt like my feet were glued on the ground.

I've been waiting for my mate to come and I didn't know that it was the one who was always there for me. Maybe he didn't showed up on my birthday because he wanted me to feel that feeling of waiting someone.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this day to come." He said as he approached me.

"How long?" I said. I wanted to know because it felt like he's been always there when I was still a kid.

Eziel looked at me and stopped a few feet away from me. "Will you believe if I say I waited fourteen years?" He said wearing a serious face and I don't know if it was true.

Fourteen years?

He waited that long!?

I just realized that I didn't actually hated him.

"Just kiss him already." I heard alpha Chris said and the rest of the pack members who were there chuckled. Alpha Chris motioned his hand to his pack members telling them to follow him inside the pack house and leave us alone.

Some of them tapped Eziel's shoulder and said some encouraging words.

We were silent when all the people were gone and we were left alone there. I don't know what to say.

"So," he started, catching my attention. "Will you still accept my happy birthday?" He said and I frowned at him.

Did he took it seriously? I was just joking that time.

"It depends." I said.

What the hell am I saying again!?

Eziel looked at me and I didin't notice before the he had a pair of beautiful brown eyes and a very muscular cheeks. "Depends on what?" He took a step forward, closer. So near that I felt like I can't breathe for blocking the air but I didn't move because I don't want him to feel that I was intimidated by him.

"D-depends on what you brought for me." I said, trying to be calm but I still stuttered a little bit.

He stretched his lips in a smile, showing his set of white teeth and my knees almost buckled. I can feel my cheeks burnt slightly from embarrassment.

Why does he have to smile!? And why am I reacting like this?

"You'll like it." Eziel wrapped one of his hand on my waist and pulled me even closer to him in a swift motion making me gasp and my eyes just widen when he pressed his lips to mine.

I was frozen as he move his lips slowly on top of my lips. His soft lips felt nice and I closed my eyes, kissing him back. All I can hear was our beating hearts in sync. It was the first time I felt that beautiful feeling. I raised my arms and placed it on top of his shoulders as he pulled me closer leaving no space between our bodies.