50| left alone

"You're dead to me."

Y/N POV

After Christmas, Hogwarts seemed a bit frightening to me. I was horrified of what the Death Eaters did to The Burrow. It burnt down in flames, and I couldn't do anything to save it. My powers had no match for theirs—I just wasn't strong enough.

I trailed through the hallway, casually being nudged by first years rushing to their classes. But I didn't think much of it. I didn't think much of anything, really. Only that terrible feeling that something bad was going to happen very soon.

"Hello, y/n." Professor Slughorn said to me as I took a seat in the back of the room.

I gave him a weak smile, showing him that I wasn't in the mood for talking.

Other students filed in and sat down. Some tried to say hi, but I didn't respond. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were switched to a different class, leaving me stuck here with snotty Slytherins, Ravenclaw know-it-alls, and extremely talkative Hufflepuffs.

I decided to ignore them, letting myself go numb. I was completely deep in thought. That was, until I was broken out of my thoughts.

"Y/n?" Slughorn asked, rather impatiently.

My eyes moved to his, and I realized he asked me something. Oh no.

"Sorry." I said, straightening my posture and glancing up at him. "What?"

"What are the affects of Elixir to Induce Euphoria?" He asked me.

I felt dozens of eyes glance at me, making me very uncomfortable. I hated being the center of attention.

"Elixir to Induce Euphoria induces a sense of irrational happiness upon the drinker, and cures depression." I said rather quickly, wanting the attention to go away.

"Very good." He said, turning around.

I took a deep breath, knowing that I'll need to pay attention more. I need to focus. Absolutely nothing can distract me.

"Ah! Mr. Malfoy! Please, come in." Slughorn said, making my stomach drop.

Surely enough, I looked up to see Draco, standing in the doorway. So much for nothing distracting me.

I looked around, noticing that there were only a few spots left in the classroom. Obviously he would take a spot in the Slytherin section—I had nothing to worry about.

"Take a seat over here." He said, pointing to my table, making me feel uneasy.

My head shot up, and I began to panic.

"No, Im going to sit over here." Draco said, walking over to Blaise Zambini and Pansy Parkinson.

I let out a loud and noticeable sigh, which I quickly regretted. Draco shot his head my way and scowled at me. What was his problem?

"I guess you'll have to brew the Wit-Sharpening Potion by yourself. Do you think you can handle that?" Slughorn asked me as if I was a first year who wanted to go to the bathroom by herself.