Chapter Twenty One || Be Alright

_______________________________
There's always been those times
When I needed a breather
When I might need a quick break
From being the leader
Cause I'm just human, you gotta feel that
We're all just here to learn and everyday
We are put up to bat
If you feeling down, no you ain't alone
And if you feeling all confused
No you are not on your own
Don't stress
Yeah we're too blessed
Someone told me babe when the tide is high
You just get low
Hold your breath and take it slow
I'll be alright, be alright - Kehlani
________________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

Chapter Twenty One || Be Alright_______________________________There's always been those times When I needed a breatherWhen I might need a quick break From being the leaderCause I'm just human, you gotta feel thatWe're all just here to learn and e...

I sat inside of the Piedmont Hospital at approximately five in the morning as I tapped my foot along the tiled floors. Sleep is what I would've been had I not got the disturbing call to find out that my bestie, Lauren had a black-out last night when KJ was leaving her house. We had no idea why or what had caused her to fall out, but as soon as I got Kj's text message while on the phone, I grabbed Raegan from out of her bed and came rushing straight over here to the hospital as quickly as I could, barely managing to throw on a pair of leggings, Nike hoodie, and a pair of Uggs.

I held Raegan in my arms as she slept peacefully in my lap, her legs on either side of mine and her head rested on my chest. I rubbed her back as she slept, while I sat next to Kamaul on the sofa inside of Lauren's room. Of course she had been admitted to the hospital, so here I was waiting to see what the doctors would say about it all. This had been so sudden to me and it was scary, so I tried not to think too much about it. I just prayed that everything was all fine with her, both physically and emotionally.

"You okay?" I mumbled softly to my baby brother who sat so quietly next to me with his eyes trained on not a thing in particular. I knew his mind was all over and he was spaced out, but I needed to know that he was okay right now. With all that's going on with the both of them, I needed reassurance that they'd be alright.

KJ broke away from the trance that he seemed to be in and finally looked over at me. He only did this simple head nod before running a hand over his face. I knew a lot was on his mind and it was weighing down on him. I reached out my arm and pulled him closer to me, to a point where his head was resting on my shoulder. He'd allowed himself to lean on me for comfort as I asked to see if he was okay for the second time since we'd been here at this place.

"Are you sure you're good Kamaul?" I questioned him in nothing other than undeniable concern for him and his health as my baby brother. I loved this boy like I did my own daughter, more than anything, so my priority is to make sure that he's good by all means necessary. It was my duty as a big sister.

"I'm tryin' Kam, it's just so hard." He mumbled to me and it broke my heart to hear those words of distress come from my brothers mouth. I had to close my eyes for a split second to conceal my emotions before I said anything more to him. I was an emotional person and I didn't need those to surface right here & now.